Menu
liampeachey
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unusable Internet

For the last week I have suffered with periodical slow internet and what seems to be a constant dropping in service.

When ever I join voice calls, online servers for gaming etc i constantly get kicked due to "disconnecting"

I also find services like netflix etc will not load, take too long to load or frequently buffer.

I have spoken to someone with virgin who has told me everything is fine on their end and nothing looks wrong with my internet. They have offered to send me an ethernet cable despite being told everything except my laptop I use has an ethernet cable plugged in.

I have reset the router, factory reset it and checked all cables for issues.

Getting pretty frustrated as i use it not just for gaming but also for work and the constant reconnecting makes video calls insufferable. 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable Internet

Hi @liampeachey,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you appear to be having constant drops in service. 

I have taken a look at the account and was not able to identify any issues that could be causing this. There is no area outage impacting you and at the time of writing, the signal levels are all within the parameters we would expect. 

I would advise setting up a BQM and leave it running for 24-48 hours. You can then post the live link here so we can monitor the drop outs.

I do note however at least one WiFi device could perform better using a wired connection. This would also improve overall WiFi performance and at least one WiFi device could perform better on the 5GHz WiFi band.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
liampeachey
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210531-115441~2.png

Screenshot_20210531-115452~2.png

Screenshot_20210531-115459~2.png

 heres a few I have had it running for a few days however I havnt been around much because of work to utilise the internet.

Gaming is impossible still 2 weeks from the date it started out of the blue, tried it on multiple consoles with the same result.

Not to mention a PC and a smart TV.

Would ideally like an engineer to come look at my house or the wiring in the local area or a replacement hub or ideally all 3.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us @liampeachey.

Are you able to repost the images without showing your private details so we can best help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
liampeachey
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210531-115459~4.png

Screenshot_20210531-115452~3.png

Screenshot_20210531-115441~3.png

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us @liampeachey and sharing the results.

Do all devices lose service at the same time? 

I have also had a look into your account regarding this and I can see you have an upcoming appointment booked for this issue. Are you able to confirm this in your my VM account?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
liampeachey
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I do indeed have someone coming to take a look tomorrow.

Hopefully this clears it up.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

fingers crossed liampeachey, I'm sure the engineer will do their best - please keep the thread updated we'd like to hear everything improved for you. 

Tom

0 Kudos