cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Connection drops etc.

Tony314
Tuning in

Hello I had issues in the past but never seen anything like it. Cant Play games also because of latency variation. Above graph is my about 2 year back connection. Bottom is my current. Doesnt seem right?

Anybody could help? Thanks.2022-08-10_110318.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s either a problem with the network, e.g. SNR issue,  or the area is oversubscribed.   Nothing you can do about either. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response.

Why VM is not fixing it? Don't they have talented engineers who can invent solutions to this problems? Is the pfsense box will help here only. Or somebody found other solution to latency variation and packet loss? 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Tony314, thanks for the post and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to see the spikes in the connection.
I will look in to this for you and send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in to the chat.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with us today.

I'm glad we were able to take the next steps and book out an appointment in-order for us to get this issue resolved.
Let us know how it goes post engineer visit.
As always - we're here to help if you need anything.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello when engineer came he said everythng is fine now. But its even worse. I regret I did not check while he was in the house.Can you please help me again. When I game now I have more often packet loss info from game and latency variation. This is my monitor.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5aca4f7acc2af46b8bdf7696a61585af5e3ef12e

And this is from WinMtr:

Tony314_0-1661536229435.jpeg

Tony314_1-1661536229484.jpeg

Tony314_2-1661536229485.jpeg

Tony314_3-1661536229583.jpeg

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tony34, 

Thank you for updating the thread, I can see you are in PM with someone from our team and they will be with you ASAP 🙂
Zoie

Thanks still waiting for the answer.