HUB4 1Gig Router mode
Kirston26
Up to speed
Message 52 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Connection.

Hi @risc19

Thanks, bud. I'm gonna need it! 

If this doesn't go ahead to day, i have the Area Field Manager coming out on Friday. So luckily for me things are getting escalated now.

It's a shame VM can't give you a definitive answer regarding your area and services. 

------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Modem Mode
Kirston26
Up to speed
Message 53 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Hi @  

The appointment isn't showing anymore. No one has replaced the cable, so what was this appointment for and why was it setup if no one had any intentions of doing anything? 

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 54 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Based on your experience so far, do you think the fat controller is going to turn up on Friday?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kirston26
Up to speed
Message 55 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Going based on customer service and a few appointments for a re-pull completely ignored or cancelled. No.

Nor do I have any optimism that it'll get resolved.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 56 of 107
Flag for a moderator

I have used my sharp stick to see if that helps concentrate people's minds getting this resolved.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I'm sure you've already considered that unless VM pull their finger out and fix this clearly demonstrated problem within some reasonable time scale you will have to consider a new ISP.  Perhaps worth giving some real thought as to whether it is an option for you, and if so, when VM run out of time. 

Regardless of that, there will of course need to be a formal complaint to VM demanding compensation for this miserable and long running fiasco whether you leave or they fix it.  We can advise how to go about that, and how to escalate to arbitration if (when) there's any messing around or an inadequate offer of settlement.  In my view best to wait until either VM fix it, or until you run out of patience and decide you wish to take your custom to a company that puts more value upon it.  I'd hazard a guess that any reasonable settlement would be a few hundred quid.  I'd start preparing by writing down the full history of the matter now, how the problem affects your use of the internet, how you feel about that, copying BQM views from different dates, noting how many contacts you've had with VM staff, how many visits, any rudeness, long hold times, broken promises of visits or call backs, all the assurances of "all looks good to us", and so on. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kirston26
Up to speed
Message 57 of 107
Flag for a moderator

If say the Area Field Manager does turn up and he does get to witness the issue, then i think he'd be pretty understanding in the fact i've been annoyed with this ongoing problem for the past 4 months.

Yeah, i've been looking in to a few providers problem is as it stands FTTP (Openreach) have recently done the area so there aren't many choices to pick from. I'm not wanting to jump in to another 18-24month contract with a provider if it's just going to put me down the same rabbit hole. 

I've already put in a complaint. It's been open since 5/4/2021, got updated on 7/4/2021 saying "We're working on a solution to your issue". If it comes to settlements, unless it's a few hundred quid for the inconvenience or an amount of what i've paid so far and termination fee waived then i don't wanna hear it, as a lot of people have been having issues lately with Virgin, whether that be because of COVID or other reasons, this isn't acceptable. All of those things you suggested about contacting virgin and logs will definitely be written down and logged as it makes a better case if (when) it gets escalated to CISAS. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 58 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kriston26,

From the information passed to Molly by the AFM they will be attending on Friday, they're more than aware of the issues raised both by yourself and other people in the area. They will fully investigate this and once we have a better idea of what's going on they will make the necessary arrangements.

But just to alleviate any concerns you have, the Area Field Manager will attend on Friday 7th April. 

Rob

Kirston26
Up to speed
Message 59 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Hi @

Thank you for keeping me up to date. I'm glad to see things finally moving along after so much time and effort of dealing with this. 

I really hope he does attend and doesn't let me down as i've had a cable re-pull appointment just disappear for some unknown reason. Do you have any information on why this wasn't completed? 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 60 of 107
Flag for a moderator

That's fine Kirsten26, I understand the frustration and am happy to update you as and when we get a response or update from the area field manager. Sometimes if an appointment is rescheduled it can disappear from the app.

Rob

0 Kudos