Menu
si7ruz
Joining in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Twitch streaming - Poor connection to Twitch servers - Low bandwidth

Hi Gareth,

Unfortunately I am no clearer on the situation. I am told there is still "an issue" in my area and that it "could" be causing my problem. But they were not able to confirm any symptoms that the issue could produce.

I am now told the fix date for the issue in my area has been rolled to 7th. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello si7ruz

Thanks for replying

Can you please see if this improves after the 7th 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Luke_113
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Whats sad about this is that more than likely I'll wager your area has a utilisation fault, my area has them on/off as I also stream to twitch and more more regularly I'll struggle to hold 2mb upload speed let alone the 6mb that I actually stream at, and I think half of Virgin's customer's would need to be offline for me to actually achieve a full 15mb upload (on a business package) and the excuse is always the same if I complain, 'we don't guarantee upload speed'

Its not that Virgin, I know my line will do around 15mb, its that Virgin's network planners are terrible, and had it confirmed to me by the business team multiple times that they wait until the area is at 95% utilisation before adding more capacity to resolve the issue, if you search about on the forum, somewhere the forum staff did actually say what figure its supposed to be, something like 75-80% I believe.

Its the on going myth that Liberty is trying to rid itself of Virgin to Vodafone and so Liberty wanna spend the bare minimum to keep Virgin ticking over.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luke_113,

Sorry for the low speeds, have you spoken to the team regarding this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos