cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is beyond a joke.

NickWba20
On our wavelength

So for 24 hours now I've had issues with my playstation 5 online. Below are some of the issues I've been having:

• When pressing buttons to invite friends into a chat party it will allow me to press the button but won't do anything as a result.
  • Disconneted from playstation parties with it claiming I can't talk to certain friends due to a "network error" 
  • Sometimes I'll log onto fifa just fine but moments later it will say I need to be signed into playstation network in order to use the games online features this despite being online. 
  • Play a couple games of call of duty vanguard for it to then give me an error 
  • When friends join chat parties theres a circle next to their names to show they are loading in to the party it will then take a while for me to be able to hear them and sometimes I can be speaking to them for a while only then for the chat to go and claim a network error. 

My download speeds are fun after running a test on the console I'm generally getting 500 down 10 up. The console is attatched via a ethernet cable and I've never had this issue before. Its worth pointing out a good friend of mine who lives up on the outskirts of Liverpool is also having similar issues and I'm in Birmingham. Ive had a look on social media and it doesn't seem as if anybody else is having issues anywhere. 

19 REPLIES 19

How do I go about getting this adjusted please? Will someone from Virgin be able to adjust it after seeing this post? From their end or will the engineer have to come out? 

@NickWba20 wrote:

How do I go about getting this adjusted please? Will someone from Virgin be able to adjust it after seeing this post? From their end or will the engineer have to come out? 

VM will reply to this thread, however it can take several days since it's not the normal support channels (Phoning or online chat is the norm).

If it is SNR then VM may be aware as it would affect all users in the area, and they would give a fix date.

If it isn't SNR an engineer visit would be required to investigate futher.

Up to you which way you proceed.

EDIT: It's a shame you didn't follow up with VM on one of your previous threads!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Virgin-500mb-high-ping-since-getting-Google-home...

When they installed the Internet and got it set up outside the front of my house as its a new build they informed me we are the only people on the grid outside the house. Will they go off of that grid or does it affect several grids if it's a snr problem? My friend who's up in Liverpool is also having issues so I assume a few different areas have been hit with this issue and virgin are unaware as its the weekend possibly? Everything was fine up until Friday tea time.

Edit: I've just read back on that post with the virgin employee who reached out to me and he said he looked at it and snr wasn't an issue. Will he be able to identify it as snr if I share those stats with him in that thread now? 

@NickWba20 wrote:

When they installed the Internet and got it set up outside the front of my house as its a new build they informed me we are the only people on the grid outside the house. Will they go off of that grid or does it affect several grids if it's a snr problem? My friend who's up in Liverpool is also having issues so I assume a few different areas have been hit with this issue and virgin are unaware as its the weekend possibly? Everything was fine up until Friday tea time.

Edit: I've just read back on that post with the virgin employee who reached out to me and he said he looked at it and snr wasn't an issue. Will he be able to identify it as snr if I share those stats with him in that thread now? 

He'll know the QAM level being 16 on all your upstream channels means there is an issue.

Is it possible that virgin has a wide problem? I just find it odd that my friend is having the exact same issues as me 90 odd miles away

Carl I've just gone back into my router stats so I can share them in the other thread for the virgin rep to see and they are all at 64 now but the problems still persist... See below

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

15370000037.9512064 qam6
26030000038512064 qam5
33940000038.3512064 qam8
44620000038512064 qam7

@NickWba20 wrote:

Carl I've just gone back into my router stats so I can share them in the other thread for the virgin rep to see and they are all at 64 now but the problems still persist... See below

Upstream bonded channels

15370000037.9512064 qam6
26030000038512064 qam5
33940000038.3512064 qam8
44620000038512064 qam7

It could be intermittent if it shows 16 at some points, then 64 at others.

The BQM should help show if there is an issue.

Could a representative from Virgin media reach out to me please in order to help get this issue resolved. 

Just done a random test on the Upstream to see if anything was at 64 and one channel has changed by itself to 16. I need this sorting as I'm unable to get things done for work and my gaming in my little spare time is being seriously affected. 

Upstream bonded channels

15370000037.8512064 qam6
26030000038512064 qam5
33940000038.3512064 qam8
44620000039512016 qam7

Hey @NickWba20,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment, I have looked into our system and been able to locate your connection, I have checked all that I can on our system with your connection and the local area, I cannot find any issues at the moment.

How is your connection running at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L