Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The same here... High ping and latency.. Impossible to play any competitive game online

Hi there

Obviously, I cannot call Virgin in the current situation, but it is disappointing when I cannot even play CS GO while paying for M350 package... ping is 100-200 and it seems it's due the latency as the internet speed is not that bad... 😞 

Please help as I have been suffering for the past few weeks!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: The same here... High ping and latency.. Impossible to play any competitive game online

Warzone = 50-70 ms

WoW = 60 - 100 ms.

League of Legends = 70-300 ms

They don't care.

Many are complaining and they'll blame your setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: The same here... High ping and latency.. Impossible to play any competitive game online

I'm the same trying to play CSGO during the day my ping will shoot up from 40ish to 2-300 and even at 40 its not stable constantly fluctuating.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Been complaining since dec. Two tech visit amnd said ur upstream is stuck theres no way i can lower it without an attenuator. Basically masking the issue up from cable outside to box must be dodgy n virgin do not care at all. Theyl ask u 2 stupid questions n leave u to rot. U wont get it fixed im afraid. So far ive managed to put off at least 10 people getting virgin near me and as soon as this pandemic is over theres gna be a ton of cancelations inc me only in virgins favour no company is taking on until this is all over and its got to the forum team lazy aswell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here, before all of this happened my WiFi was working perfectly had stable ping, good upload and download speeds however, for the past two weeks I have been experiencing very unstable and high latency which is very annoying since it prevents me from being able to play any games which require a stable connection and since the whole of the UK is on lock down, I have nothing to do. I am hoping virgin media will fix this asap so I can go back to peaceful times where I had no issues at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

same here, been happening since the whole virus thing has kicked up. Keeping being told there is no problem in the area which i doubt as poeple who also have virgin at work are complaining about the same issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same, Warzone ping is around 50-70 then spikes to 150. I pay for the same package as you. Expected 350 Download and 30 Upload and get 50 Download and 3 Upload. **bleep** Off
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I'm new to this community, but I'm just wondering how my experience compares as the performance is dire and can barely support conference calls due to extended ping response times and lost packets. I've tried to add pics of my "ThinkBroadband" stats for today & yesterday but they won't post for some reason (just comes up as a triangle), so I've added links.  I'm on the M200 package, but never gets anywhere near 200Mbps download even on a wired connection. Just wondered how this compares to others? Is it worth complaining or is this just normal for Virgin ?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3ec30be680b1d369ecf8803e238e151f4b3e2e77-30-04-2020

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/eec7659084b308d43f11a38f63051e1c2dc3f97d-01-05-2020

0 Kudos