Menu
Elusivebeaker
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 ruining online gaming

Sorry not trying to flood but these are rest of downstream channels I neglected to add...

6C1B291E-65F4-4B08-8B4C-FA50A87BF857.png

666DE000-9B41-42D2-B982-1942400C9E6E.png

7B3C9E7D-E49D-43E2-BE06-CBB382DCC960.png

8E4E6386-97D6-465A-9052-C4358436D6F7.png

5156CFC0-60D4-4355-A5CE-5A346AC46E36.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this Elusivebeaker,

I've located your details and everything appears to be within range from this end at the moment.

How have things been since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Elusivebeaker
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Things have at least been stable but I am back to square one on the gaming side of things, pretty terrible service I have to be honest for 350mbps

On the plus side it's only a twelve month contract so only ten months until I can get another ISP with something better than the superhub 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SnowfirE77
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is good for downloading games, but playing games online not so much.

@Elusivebeaker wrote:

Hi Nat

Things have at least been stable but I am back to square one on the gaming side of things, pretty terrible service I have to be honest for 350mbps

On the plus side it's only a twelve month contract so only ten months until I can get another ISP with something better than the superhub 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode makes no difference with the Puma hardware issue in the SH3 and from what I've read, no amount of firmware updates will ever fix it, because it's a flaw in the hardware itself.

Our broadband is used a lot for gaming, so I never want a SH3 near our setup and I still can't believe this device was never recalled and is still being provided.
TikTak
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@mjpartyboy wrote:
Modem Mode makes no difference with the Puma hardware issue in the SH3 and from what I've read, no amount of firmware updates will ever fix it, because it's a flaw in the hardware itself.

I wish there was an official line on this. I've read some places it helps, others that it doesn't. One of my friends has a Netgear Nighthawk XR500 connected to his SH3 in Modem mode and no issues. Not sure if it's just the pricey router making up for it though?

I guess it's just like the firmware update. Seems to have worked wonders for some people but assuming my issues are with the SH, it's just as bad as ever.

0 Kudos
mitch84
Superfast
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@SnowfirE77 wrote:

Virgin is good for downloading games, but playing games online not so much.

@Elusivebeaker wrote:

Hi Nat

Thanks

I'm in modem modem and online gaming has been perfectly fine, I play BF1 mostly and not had any issues for months playing that. Do understand some have issues but for me that puma chipset issue or whatever it is has not effected me in the slightest.

0 Kudos
SnowfirE77
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm in modem mode using a Asus RT-AC68U gaming router and virgin is still crap, my internet is down AGAIN. 

0 Kudos