Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 - Latency & Power on Upstream

Area22_Customer
On our wavelength

Hi,

Would someone comment on:

Upstream.jpg

Are the power levels high?

If so, could this be the reason for erratic latency and can it be remedied?

Latency.jpg(Btw, this is good, it's usually a lot worse, esp. evening time)

If the power levels are within range, are the latency issues a wider area network issue?

Or is this just a general issue with the Super Hub 5?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Definitely a problem on the upstream side. The levels are too high and the modulation is wrong. You'll need a technician visit to correct this. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Definitely a problem on the upstream side. The levels are too high and the modulation is wrong. You'll need a technician visit to correct this. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

gitty
Fibre optic
Out of curiosity, how is your downstream signal?

Thank you jpeg1

Hi gitty,

Of an evening downstream can be equally bad, but generally it's tolerable. But the inconsistent upstream with latency sometimes ranging 300 - 400ms makes FPS gaming a waste of time.

get a router with QoS/BWM

your modulation being all low might be that the CMTS has not been upgraded? but also power levels are high

setup a BQM

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

---------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Area22_Customer, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about the issues are you having with the internet 

and the Hub5.

I've had a look into this on our side and yes there is some signalling issues. I am going to look into this for you. 

I am going to pop you a DM over, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

The tech visited on 26/05/2022 as arranged and explained to me that the issue had been identified and a ticket raised.

The issue, he showed me, is expected to be resolved by 6th June.

Would you be able to notify me of the ticket number and explain whether I can track its progress somehow?

Many thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us @Area22_Customer, I have now looked into this and can see that the estimated fix time for this issue is 14th June @9am and the ticket number for this is

F009852523 but there is no way for this type of ticket to be tracked by customers, we would be able to provide updates, if you post on this thread.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Thank you for confirming the estimated fix time.

I will keep an eye on the issue and report back then.

All the best.