Menu
samuarl
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Steps to fix Area 15 issue (Packet loss)

@all129 wrote:

"Is there a government body which we as consumers can escalate this to?

No government body as such, but VM are required by the Communications Act to have an independent dispute resolution service when you are not happy with the way VM handle your complaint. Unfortunately you have to wait 8 weeks from when you first made VM aware of your issue before you can file with CISAS unless the give you a 'deadlock' letter.

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 95
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Its not a super hub 3 problem. I am on a super hub 2. Finsbury park N4. Area 15. Same problems as everyone else. Unplayable games online due to lag and packet loss.

Problems are not on your end with your hub or cables. Its a area wide problem in hackney and Islington.

There is nothing you can do to fix this.

0 Kudos
LDN_ALPHA
Tuning in
Message 74 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Do what are we supposed to do then? Just wait for a miracle and hope they do something? 

0 Kudos
punchchris
Joining in
Message 75 of 95
Flag for a moderator

We might just have to sit back and wait.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9957faba8ec9b49ae150fc26566557b1c1...

Although in saying that, it has been much better today than any of the last few weeks. Fingers crossed.
0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 76 of 95
Flag for a moderator

vm need to hurry up and fix this sheet im losing patients, theres a fault somewhere and they need to find out, my bqm is exactly like yours so they cant say its not an area problem. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/440c6444565c54724eb7040a09946d5717c19bdb
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Still same problem for me, area 15 packetloss
0 Kudos
VermeerF
Tuning in
Message 78 of 95
Flag for a moderator

In this thread a forum mod confirmed it was fixed. Not at home to try, but it sounds like they're trying something? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/AREA-15-down/m-p/3908896/highlight/true#M21...

0 Kudos
all129
On our wavelength
Message 79 of 95
Flag for a moderator

"In this thread a forum mod confirmed it was fixed."

I very much doubt that is the same issue many of us have had when the problem reported by that user was "I’ve lost all the internet and tv, went down about 11.15pm ".  

That's packet loss Jim, but not as I have it - and starting at a different date/time

Highlighted
BlazeUFC
Tuning in
Message 80 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Damn, and I thought I was the only one getting it!

I'm in Tufnell Park and have been experiencing it for 3 weeks now too. No matter how many times I test my internet (after phoning and actually getting upgraded to 350), I am still constantly getting packet loss. In fact, I lagged out 3 times in a row in FIFA- has never EVER happened before. Players running off, sudden disconnections... It's actually worse than its ever been in the past weeks of experiencing this.

But hey, it's all well and good complaining, but in actuality, if this problem won't be fixed in the near future, I'll just be switching. It's such an annoyance, and any gamer in this area will feel the exact same frustrations as I. It would be a large demographic they would lose too, so I would suggest that Virgin fixes up. ✌