Menu
Highlighted
MuL
Tuning in
Message 31 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Steps to fix Area 15 issue (Packet loss)

I had a 10 pounds off my bills for a 4 months but still had to contact them every month to notify them about the deal we had. Not so great.

0 Kudos
SonnyS92
Tuning in
Message 32 of 95
Flag for a moderator

My BQM looks alot like yours looked like it got a little better between 3:30pm and 5:30pm then started again exactly like mine.

I have written a lengthy complaint let see what they get back with.

They cant turn back on it now they have replied to one person on twitter that they are aware of a problem in the area, I dont see how the people on the phone are not aware of it when twitter people are? surly they must of communicated by now.

I will probably ring up again today also.
0 Kudos
acristescu
Joining in
Message 33 of 95
Flag for a moderator

This is totally unacceptable, I'm experiencing these problems for two weeks now, Virgin media get your sheet together, will you?

cd42b79257e593c3e5622168a324beea9d9288da-02-01-2019

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Ok so it’s okay for them to complete **bleep** up our connection the past 2 weeks? Great logic

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 95
Flag for a moderator

If you get into contact with anyone from the Virgin Media team and they’re telling you something could take up to a week, do not have it. At this point if they haven’t made communication with us by lets say Saturday, I personally think I’m going to change broadband too. I have absolutely no more time to waste. 

I wouldn’t mind waiting if they’ve addressed the problem and they tell us it could take a few days to fix, but what is there to run tests on? We’re doing these tests from home that take a couple minutes which prove our connection is horrible. I don’t understand why a big company like Virgin requires them to do a test for a whole week? Sounds to me like they’re just trying to stall. 

The likelihood is we won’t even hear of this “problem” from them. It will one day just vanish whenever they decide to get up their ass and fix it.

Phoning them in my opinion, is now useless, I’m convinced those on the telephone have no clue what they’re talking about they’re just reading a script or something.

If I wasn’t relying on my internet to stream I wouldn’t mind waiting because I am still able to do the casual stuff like watch videos, streams, scroll through instagram. However, due to the fact that I, and all of you on here, don’t use it casually and use it for gaming it is a big problem for us. 

In my opinion, they’ll provide no compensation, they won’t admit that there is a fault, and this will take a lot more time to fix. 

Once again, I’m giving it until Saturday for one of us to get a reply that helps, if not I will be looking at other providers and getting new internet setup for the new week. 

This has been an on going problem since the 19th of December! Ridiculous. 

KJDM
Tuning in
Message 36 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I have had enough and submitted my notice to leave. This has been the worst customer service I have ever received and I will be escalating this to the Communications Ombudsman.

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 95
Flag for a moderator

What actions would I need to take to leave but not pay off the rest of the contract? I feel like the least Virgin can do is cancel the contract for those of us who want to leave, as compensation. This is ridiculous

Also an FYI: There's absolutely no point in Virgin sending technicians out to your house. The issue isn't at our houses lol, it's an issue at Virgin. They need to send technicians over there, not here.

GK47
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 95
Flag for a moderator

What ISPs are you guys looking into, for those who plan on switching? I've only ever been with Sky, BT and Virgin. Virgin has 100% been the best, but this has ruined it completely for me. I need an ISP with at least 20 upload. 

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I am not sure yet i think i will go with BT for the reliability? would also like to know who uses UK call centers,cant deal with these Mumbai call centers anymore.
I wonder if today will be the day that virgin aknowledge something is wrong.. not holding my breath about it.

Todays Graph
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/398632a98c24194a061432b88823a83ddc...

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 40 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to see that the latency issues remain ongoing, this fault has been escalated back to networks who are investigating.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos