Menu
Ger_Onimo
Tuning in
Message 21 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Steps to fix Area 15 issue (Packet loss)

Yeah, that's fair.

Although, I'm using the same BQM on a different network at the moment, and it looks way cleaner than what everyone has been posting.

I had a crack at the playing games last night while having the OSX Ping Utility open and pinging Google every second.

Every time the game lagged, the log reported requests timing out. :/
0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 22 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Im tempting to cancel aswell, problem is that only virgin have fibre in my area... 

0 Kudos
Afterburn
Tuning in
Message 23 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Another Area 15 user here having the same issue, been going on since around 23rd-24th. Virgin support on the phone is useless as usual.

I had an intermittent latency issue a few years back and after 4 engineer visits and dozens of calls I did finally get the number of another contact center based in the UK that was more network based? I don't know if that still exists but you may get a more informative response if someone has that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SonnyS92
Tuning in
Message 24 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Conversation Andrea Fz @Tiumbri · 1h @virginmedia any chance you can fix the packs loss issue that has been plaguing you users in the Area 15 for two weeks? We are paying for a faulty service. 1 Virgin Media @virginmedia

Replying to @Tiumbri Hi there, We are currently aware of an issue. Our team are working hard to fix this. ^ ZM

They must know about the problem but don't want own up over the phone or just communication is bad and there staff are oblivious. 

Surely we ate entitled to something if the virgin media team on Twitter are aware of it but we have been fobbed of with its something our end there is no problem in the area for 2 weeks

0 Kudos
MuL
Tuning in
Message 25 of 95
Flag for a moderator

London N16 Stoke Newington here, also did a topic on this forum and post few times screenshots of my own tests.

Thanks to all you guys who called Virgin services and found out who could have some benefits from this mess. 

Just to add a line of this wholesome thing, I had the exact same problem a year ago before I moved to the place I am now. Back then, never had any ping or packet loss problem until one day. It was an endless back and forth dialog with the customer service until the problem vanished on its own.

Good luck engineers, thanks users.

Freyrune
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Do you remember how long it take for the problem to go away?
0 Kudos
stucla
Tuning in
Message 27 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Stuart Clague @stuart_clague Jan 1

Replying to @stuart_clague

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that, can you contact our technical support team on 151/ 0345 454 1111 options 1, 2 and 3 so that we can run some tests, ^CW

Run tests on any of the multitude of others in area 15 who have called up and had engineers round - I just want to know what is being done to fix it, by what date it will be fixed, and what compensation you are going to be automatically rolling out to all affected customers.

I've had enough.  I remember when Virgin was a great company to be with, but now it's being run by children who don't want to tell their daddy that they've screwed up.

0 Kudos
MuL
Tuning in
Message 28 of 95
Flag for a moderator

More than a month or so.

0 Kudos
Freyrune
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 95
Flag for a moderator

@MuL wrote:

More than a month or so.

That's ridiculous.... Im guessing they did not compensate you 

0 Kudos
Erby
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I am another customer having the same issue and I've also been posting but no response.

Virgin

I have been calling the tech support nearly everyday complaining. Yesterday they said that they will be escalating my issue to their network team who will be putting my connection under observation for a 7 days and they will take it from there. I don't have a week, it shouldn't take a week to figure out this issue.

It would also be great if someone from the team could respond to our complaints but they don't seem to care. In the forums i came across an Emma_E who is part of the "team" and sent her a private message but again there was no response from here either, oh but she did carry on posting around the forum.

We need to carry this on so we can be heard. Everyone spam the forum with posts for Area 15 issues and hopefully they can finally notice and fix our issue.

0 Kudos