cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spikes and packet loss - wired connection

Theneils
Tuning in

Hello

My son is complaining about packet loss and spikes. We have a new router and a new ethernet cable, but he still has the issues. He has ASD and this is causing major issues in the house - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I do not understand any of this - so please use simple speak).

Thank you

Kind Regards

Georgina Neil

36 REPLIES 36

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with us today.

I'm glad we were able to make arrangements to get this issue sorted.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

We had an engineer out, who installed a new router, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Any more ideas?

Thank you

Hi Theneils,

Sorry to hear this is still an issue. 

Is the lagging just a s bad as it was before the Hub was swapped?

Gareth_L

This is the spikes - this is running on my laptop (wireless), the wired computers have the packet loss (although I wouldn't know if I was having the issue anyway - as I don't game)

Theneils_0-1660233185958.png

Hey @Theneils, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear the issue with the connection is still there.
May I ask if you notice this on any other device apart from the games consoles? i.e. Do you see the connection drop? Does it lag? 
Are you able to wire up the connection to the games console itself and monitor for a few days? If so, are you able to use a different ethernet cable?

The reason we ask is, on our end the connection from the network to the Virgin Media hub is showing as all fine, however on the wireless side of things, there are room for improvements it says.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

The issues are on the wired connections - my boys have PCs and they are complaining of issues whilst gaming. We have already put new cat9 ethernet cables in.

Thanks

Theneils_0-1660552494641.png

This is the latest

Hey Theneils, thank you for reaching out and posting this BQM graph, I am sorry to see you are having some issues whilst gaming.

I would like to run some further tests with you via PM.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi

I have sent a message - but wanted to ask a question to the wider community - in case someone else has experience. My son tells me that the issues are because we have a hub and not a router. Anyone else know anything about this - and if so, can I connect a router as well - would this fix the issues? He just got kicked from a comepetitive game because of these issues!

this was today

Theneils_0-1662411660238.png