cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on Xbox

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

Hi Iv just got ser rings sorted on my hub 3 before I was upgraded to a higher package everything was fine no shouting bout anything being slo, I have one thing I would like to know y are virginmedia saying that the speeds for Xbox or PS4 not supported by the speed don’t get it if it says ur stream n 

With blisteringly fast average download speeds of 636Mbps, Ultimate Oomph customers will experience a connection which is nine times faster than the national average. It means customers can download a large video game such as FIFA 2021 on Xbox One in just over 11 minutes, compared to over 111 minutes on the UK’s average connection**.

So wat are they saying it took my son 12 hours to download a game on PS4 

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not Virgins fault if the PlayStation network is slow

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tonymc41,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're experiencing some slow speeds with your broadband connection.

Could you please confirm if you are connecting your PS4 using a wired or a wireless connection?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

just remember the standard ps4 does not have dual band wifi that being your left with the 2.4ghz band that will max around 100.

only the ps4 slim and pro have the option to connect to the 5ghz band so to maximize the connection speed on the ps4 download you would need to cable it.

another option would be use powerline adapters or upgrade tot he ps5.

also the speed information you have posted is not for "wifi" it is for cabled and up to.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

Sadly, Sony went cheap with the wireless adapter on the original PS4, which has left it with very lacklustre wireless performance.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node