cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal not reaching upstairs properly

Archer_66
Joining in
  • Hi all 
  • I don’t live in a big house and yet my wife signal is not strong enough for my child to do gaming in their room . Is this right ? And how can I help without adding most cost into my bill with a virgin media booster as it doesn’t feel right 
4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Archer_66,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear the WIFI isn't reaching into your Sons room, there are so many factors which can effect WIFI including the thickness off walls, furniture and other devices, you can try our Connect App, with this you can run further diagnostic check and search for black spots, if found it will guide you through ordering our Intelligent WIFI, if you are a Volt package they are free otherwise they are £5 per Month, this covers up to 3 Pods.

Regards

Paul.

If its the WIFE signal, get her to shout louder...lol

But i am guessing you mean WIFI signal. Dont bother with the VM signal boasters, i have seen so many people say they are useless in all the VM forums.

Your SH (superhub) has two WIFI in it 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

The 2.4GHz is slow and longer range, but designed years ago. The 5GHz is faster, and most consoles will use it now.

The SH has always had useless WIFI on it, you could go modem mode, and addd your own router at extra cost, and you will find these have far better WIFI range and speed.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Haha good old predictive text eh ?! I wish I was tech savvy but I’ll look it up and see about the router . Thank you 😊 

Hi Archer_66

Thanks for coming back to us. I have done further checks on our system, some of your downstream levels are out of specification. This will need sorting via a technician visit to the property. 

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill