Menu
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

SH2 - Latency Issues

Anyone else seeing the following stats in the last 7 days, though progressively worse in the last 2-3 days?

EDIT: I'm in the North Ayrshire area. 

My Broadband Ping - Tammy Virgin Connection

0 Kudos
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH2 - Latency Issues

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

3rd router reboot at 9.45am. BQM looking a bit better...... gaming is playable again.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

What's the BQM look like now?

Even the second half of that first one is not good. The latency is too high, and your downstream signal levels are very low. I'd be included to call it in for an engineer visit to check it out. 

0 Kudos
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

The above BQM is actually the live one. meant to post the snapshot (oops). But as you can see, from 9.45am reboot, seems fine, but is now slowly creeping up again tonight. I reboot every day just to keep things at some sort of decent service level, but I really shouldn't have to be doing this.

So you recommend an engineer visit then?

0 Kudos
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hub rebooted at 01:08am (17/05/2019)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband Ping - Tammy Virgin Connection
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

There should not be such a change in latency just because you reboot the Hub. And the downstream levels are low. Report it as a fault before you reboot it so they can remotely test it at its worst, and insist on an engineer visit to correct it. I suspect the Hub will be replaced.
Lydo
Dialled in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:
There should not be such a change in latency just because you reboot the Hub. And the downstream levels are low. Report it as a fault before you reboot it so they can remotely test it at its worst, and insist on an engineer visit to correct it. I suspect the Hub will be replaced.

Yeah I'd concur with that. Also judging by others "OK" downstream stats, it looks like mine are 10dBmV lower across the board than what is deemed normal. Whether there's something up there, I dunno. As you suggest I'll refrain from rebooting again until it's choking like last time..... then submit a fault report.
Appreciate your input my friend!

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

You will need to reboot the super hub 1 in router mode because its a bug or you can use modem mode with your own router with 1Gb ports for a stable connection.

Or you can ask for a hub 3.

0 Kudos