cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocketleague lost packets, latency, unreliable same old Virgin...

AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in

So bored with the awful network which is Virgin media for gaming.
On the 1GB high latency alot of the time package.

Trying to play rocketleague last couple of nights

Tuesday night

My Broadband Ping - 1 Gig Virgin Modem Mode

Wednesday night (i.e. tonight)

Had scheduled works today (Wednesday) can see the red line where i got a disconnect - Virgin end not mine btw Actually been working okay-ish since all the last BS issues which Virgin seems to have ironed out.

Example of Monday night (this is good... not perfect but wasnt awful)

And no Virgin, its not my end. I have had two engineers my end is just fine.

No I am not ringing support or using your useless website as I dont want to be told its my Wifi (i dont use your wifi - its all wired) or be told its my end - its not.

FYI - I am in Bromley, Kent. So perhaps there is more 'network issues'??? No one knows, probably not even yourselves. Be great if you could keep us updated or just have a more reliable network more of the time. Certainly not good for a reliable gaming experience.

Want to move, was going to move but nowhere has the speed but not that i need the speed but its nice. Admittedly gaming just needs low latency which your network falls down on frequently. The customers scream and then you send us through hoops, either phoning the pointless technical lines, posting pointless forums posts (like this one but it lets me vent), or just ignoring us (this is the usual).

Never going to recommend your network again. I work in IT too (infrastructure) so will never advise any business Virgin links either. When i can get off or when i get soo tired of you doing nothing i will just move.

Good luck keeping your customers. 

5 REPLIES 5

AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in

No reply, no surprise

See how today was naff too according to Thinkbroadband - not that i game during the day as i have work, so cannot confirm.

About to login and game now, which according the graphs 'should be ok'

All good tonight 🙂 wow

What router you have (not hub)

Maybe setup QoS/BWM on your router and test here
https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

limit download to 900Mb and upload 50Mb
best done at midnight when you get a A any spikes after that is VM bad Docsis.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Legacy1.

Wasnt aware of some additional tweaks.

Plumbed in some config in my firewall (pfsense) and got 

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=097b66f6-4bdf-40d6-9dd4-40c96bee9065

This is an improvement as it previously reported bufferbloat. Using the FQ_Codel algorithm which apparently covers DOCSIS 3.1

Hi @AngryJackedJoe

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, I can see you noticed an improvement - how has it been over the past few days?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs