cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roblox ipad

Cattie93
Joining in

Hi all just switched to vm from sky i have m350 since connection on Friday 11th my son has complained he keeps getting disconnected he never had issues with sky i am wondered if anyone else has same problems he also mentioned face time disconnects as well when chatting with friends. Please help

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most likely a poor wifi signal in that room.  Can you move your Hub to a different area in the open?  You can also try splitting the wifi SSID and manually setting the iPad to the 2.4Ghz band.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

If these suggestions do not work, you will need to get a wireless access point for the room. to extend the signal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cattie93,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your service. Appreciate this can be frustrating.

Having taken a look at our systems, and at the time of writing, I can see your downstream signal levels are out of spec so a technician is required to adjust these. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get a visit booked for you 🙂

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Cattie93
 I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your power levels. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account. Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. 

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Just picked up your PM @Cattie93

Thanks for the update. If you have any issues, just let me know and I will be more than happy to re-book the visit for you 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team