cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right now we're improving the network in your area

WilliamB
Tuning in

So for over week I've been ringing up daily (yes the internet is that bad) and get the very annoying, Right now we're improving the network in your area message. Why annoying, cos the message ends with everything should be back to normal by 9am. Yet never mentions which date/year.

Is it just me that thinks VM don't; really have a clue whats going on. How can they plan work without knowing a fixed end date? It's almost like there's no one actually working on it.

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you certain that your broadband problem is due to this work and not something else?

If it's a wide area project there may be different users affected every day, so a general warning will be given to advise people of possible problems. 

I'm sure Virgin would love to have a fixed end date but there are many unplanned things that can cause delay.  Even something like a vehicle obstructing a cabinet or an access point will hold up the work. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Can;t be 100% certain, but if I was a betting man I;d put money it. Just rang them again and got the same automated message. It 'll be back up and running by 9am. Well not according to my in game ping meter it ain't. When working normally 15-20ms currently 90-100ms 

It's almost like they're not bothering to update the message properly.as it;s now almost 11am

Just a quick update. I rang up just gone 12 today cos the internet was poor, and the automated message now says 11am although no date again. About an hour later someone from Vm rang me, turns out there's an area issue which won;t be resolved til 11am 23rd Aug.. So defo certain it's not an issue with me now.

Hi WilliamB,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection.

Checking your account, I can see there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009196340  
  • Estimated fix time: 23 AUG 2021 11:00 
  • Description: You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs