Menu
Darrell27
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Random disconnects

Everything I join an online game of Fifa or fortnite (only two I play) it disconnects me offline for approximately 2/3 seconds and then I’m back online, been happening for a week or two, I have reset the Hub, tried everything yet it continues to do it, any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Levefre
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random disconnects

Hey there.

I'm suffering from the same thing and have been for a week or so. No one else in the house suffers from the same, it is only me and my computer which is connected via ethernet cable to the Super Hub 3. I play World of Warcraft and randomly the internet will cut out as if I have no internet, but the wifi works and everything else functions as normal. We've tried everything on our end; from turning the hub off, resetting it and removing cables. We are at a loss.

meuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same playing WoW just disconnects me no warning any web pages i'm browsing get an error message resolving host less than a minute later everything back to normal 😕

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maybe the hub is closing open connections so if you try modem mode with one device and the game plays fine you can think about getting a router with 1Gb ports.

0 Kudos
ZiltoidRacer
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

by any chance do you use TP-link powerline adapters?
https://www.twitch.tv/ziltoidtv
0 Kudos
SneakyBeakee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try using wireless and running WTFAST. I found when using a cat7 Lan cable, I was experiencing a worse gaming experience than when using Wifi, however, WIFi was bad anyways.

Now that I have implemented WTFast, playing fifa is soooo much better! If you are using console, youd need to buy an ASUS router with WTFast included otherwise, get a months trial and see how you get on. I did find that if I select any UK server, I would experience large ping spikes and packet loss but, if I used France or the Netherlands, my ping would be higher but the game would running much more smoothly and more responsive. You will just need to test out servers until you find a few that work for you though. 

I know this isn't a 'fix' but it should help.

0 Kudos