cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 not connecting

Darran2
On our wavelength

Since Sunday 25th September my Ps5 and PS4 are having problems connecting to both PlayStation network and the internet. I've done all the trouble shooting etc, even reset my hub twice but that's made thinks worse.Its become very intermittent and I can't even connect the PS4 to the PlayStation at all now..any suggestions please.. according to PlayStation their services are up and running and as I've said I've done all the trouble shooting..tia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What about other devices? Are they affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What about other devices? Are they affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Darran2
On our wavelength

Other devices are fine, virgin media have posted somewhere that they are aware of a problem 

Adambvt
Joining in

Just want to add to this that I am having issues with this also. Honestly, since I've gotten the Ps5 it's had issues but it's definitely gotten worse since around the time of this post.

Previously.when the Ps5 was booted up. It would connect to the internet but not to the PlayStation network. All we would had to do is restart the router and it would work for the night.

Now it is dropping out randomly while playing games and not just losing connection to the PlayStation network but losing Internet connection all together (while everything else in the house has no connection problems)

It's becoming a pretty big issue now. 

Hey Adambvt, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with your PS5.

Do you currently connect your PS5 through the cable connection?

If not I would do this due to it being a very powerful machine.

Also does it give you any error codes and is it only certain games this happens with or all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried using the ethernet cable many times and it doesn't fix the issue.

Recently I have been alternating the dns between automatic, 1.1.1.1 - 1.0.0.1 and 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4.

Usually if I keep trying these it works eventually but tonight nothing works. Have to use my hot-spot to play on it.

Adam. 

Thank you for your response @Adambvt

When did this issue first begin? Also, does this happen with all games of specific games?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

KezzaC
Joining in
  • So I’ve just recently switched to virgin but have seen similar issues, originally it was speed issues but after getting 2 boosters we seem to be at decent speeds all through the house. The issue now is that the ps5 still doesn’t get acceptable speeds (sitting around 8mbps down and 2up currently while the rest of the house is over 200mbps down) so I tried to do wired connection. Now in the past I done wired connection from my bt booster to my ps4 and my ps5 once I upgraded and both worked totally fine and never had an issue. Now we’ve swapped to virgin and since then I hadn’t been able to play the ps due to poor speeds but now that I’ve set up the wired connection it can’t find my ip address, so I found it myself and imputed it manually, then the ps5 came up with an error that says “your internet service provider might be preventing you from connecting to the internet. Make sure you can connect to the internet via the same network as your ps5 by testing….” Which basically meant check your phone or other devices, so I checked my laptop, my phone and my smart tv which all connected fine. So my concern here is that virgin have some sort of blocker to the ps5 system that makes them incompatible with the ps5? Considering bt we’re totally fine with no issues and I took the ps to my grans to see if it would connect and it did so it works with their sky internet aswell so it seems to be a virgin issue.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @KezzaC, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the connection issues with the PS5 - but I assure you we don't go out of our way to add blockers to devices.

Is it possible to perform a pin hole reset on the hub to see if this helps clear up the connection issue to the PS5?

Does the Ethernet cable you're using for the PS5 work on other devices, such as the PC you mention?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am also having this problem with my ps5 I tried using an Lan cable and it connect but with an upload speed of around 30mbps I can't access any online features at all. Wireless connection doesn't work either and the download and upload speed is even worse at around 1.6mbps