cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 lag in game

Studixon
Joining in

Hi . I had 200mb virgin broadband installed 5 days ago . Since then my online gaming on ps5 has had horrendous lag . Mainly cod warzone . I have tried everything I can think of . Wireless and wired and switched between 2.4ghtz and 5 on both wired and wireless. My download speed is running around 198 mb which is excellent compared to my old sky download speed but I very rarely experienced the amount of lag I have in the last 5 days .does anyone have any ideas that could help .

cheers 

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

So nine days to cancel without penalty, after that locked in for 18 months....

Better work on this quickly:

Let's see how latency and packet loss are on your connection: Setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

Next, connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text, not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Studixon, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with latency on your connection. Our diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for connection drop-outs. All power levels are at optimal levels, I'm not seeing any errors and there are no open faults in your area either.

Please follow the advice by Andrew-G and post a think broadband graph so we can have a look at this further for you. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for both of your replies . I had a technician out on sat afternoon and the problem appears to be resolved . Not a clue as to what was causing it . Thanks for your help guys 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community Studixon. 

This could be why nothing is showing on the Hub checks we've done today in that case 🙂

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

rony66
Joining in

I'm having serious problems with my internet while trying to play online games (Call of Duty). My in game ping constantly fluctuates from around 50ms to 400ms therefore cause me to lag. 

I have the Hub 4 and im using a wired connection. 

When conducting a speed test my jitter can be anywhere upwards of 15ms which i understand is probably the main reason behind my game lagging. 

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what i could do to get this problem fixed as it has been happening for probably 2 years now. 

new hub 4 installed 

engineer has tested all cables and does not know what the issue is

Thanks

@rony66 wrote:

I'm having serious problems with my internet while trying to play online games (Call of Duty). My in game ping constantly fluctuates from around 50ms to 400ms therefore cause me to lag. 

I have the Hub 4 and im using a wired connection. 

When conducting a speed test my jitter can be anywhere upwards of 15ms which i understand is probably the main reason behind my game lagging. 

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what i could do to get this problem fixed as it has been happening for probably 2 years now. 

new hub 4 installed 

engineer has tested all cables and does not know what the issue is

Thanks

You should create your own thread and post your HUB stats from 192.168.0.1.