cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with internet since febuary

shona_moat
Tuning in

So i must have contacted Virgin around 10 times now, about my speeds and lag spikes when gamming. i should be getting 100mb, im getting around 28 to 60 on a good day. ive had 2 people come out, rebooted the server and given me new eth cables like this would fix the problem, i asked to cancle and they said id be charged the rest of my contract... so they offerd ofcom to watch my internet for a month and if they found a problem they would let me cancle for fee.. a month and half go by, no reply so i contacted them... offcom passed the test so i couldnt leave for free. so i asked my friend who works for fiber.. he came over and the cables are not even in th ground!! i contacted virgin and they said that wouldnt course a problem,,, well i know it will and does thats why its underground network! anyways they offerd me a free upgrade to 200mb. i declined as this wouldnt fix the issue. now im stuck, i cant cancle when i want to unless i pay.....Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

"Passed by Ofcom"......somebody is lying to you.  Ofcom are the regulator, they don't get involved in consumer complaints at all.  That's dealt with by a service called CISAS who work like the energy ombudsman, and they won't have been involved unless YOU had involved them. 

You MAY have options for compensation and to leave without penalty, but before going into those, how are you measuring speeds?  For any speed test to be reliable it needs to be on a device connected by ethernet. 

And if there's an apparent latency problem, then could you setup a Broadband Quality Monitor? That'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  A BQM usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.  Don't paste the web address of the graph you see when logged in as that won't work for us, and a screenshot of the same will not get approved.  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shona_moat, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry about your experience with the service, this is not what we like to hear. 

We would very much want to look in to this further and offer assistance in getting this resolved. 

As Andrew-G has suggested, a speed test via a wired connection, such as a laptop of desktop PC would be great to establish if the problem is related to the equipment of signal within the home. 

The next step would be to run a broadband quality monitor on the service and post the link for us to take a look. 

You can also access your Hub advanced settings to check the logs by clicking here

Thank you 

Nat

its funny because it was myself who had to call them and mention the ofcom part.

ive had the graphs as was advised months ago about them. they came and gave me new eth cables twice. i knew this wouldnt help.

4545.png7821.png25721.png

I use eth cables, and i get between 20mbs - 80bbs speed and i pay for 100mb

i just dont know what to do now, as they want £270 to cancle or upgrade me for free...

i belive if the cables was done right i wouldnt have the problem

thank you for reply, ive made another reply with the graphs

im guessing my graphs got rejected due to ip

ive now cropped them 4545.png7821.png25721.png

Hi shona_moat,

Thanks for coming back. I believe it was the Ofcom Speed Code Complaint which you were referring to in your earlier posts? This would be where we'd monitor your speeds for a month to see if you're receiving above the minimum guaranteed speeds.

From looking at your graph, there is indications of a possible congestion issue in the area, however nothing reported in your area. I can see that there are however, some signal issues affecting your connection which will require an engineer's visit to resolve.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Beth

Beth