cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to RE.net

Anankha
Problem sorter

I’m having problems syncing trophy & challenges for RE7 & RE8 to resident evil.net (re.net). I’m completing challenges but they’re not showing on the RE site.
PS5 is connected via Ethernet cable.
Turning off the router’s Firewall allows the connection.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia
16 REPLIES 16

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Anankha, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues connection to the above website.

Does everything else work fine on your PS5, for example you can connect to other games fine? 

Please can you just confirm if when you turned the firewall off, this resolved the issue? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes other (non Resedent Evil) games are fine.
Yes turning the Firewall off fixes the problem.

Hey Anankha, thank you for letting me know this.

Please can I just check if you did a data transfer from a PS4 to a PS5?

Please can you also confirm if this Resedent Evil game you are playing right now was a PS4 game or a PS5 one? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The game is a PS4 upgraded to the PS5 version & as the games were on an external HDD I just connected this to the PS5 & they played fine. A PS5 version was released & this is installed on the PS5 not the HDD, however this was done last year & all has been working fine on both the PS4 & PS5.

Due to 100% packet loss (BQM) when the firewall was turned on I had to disable this. I decided to turn it back on due to the security risk.

Thanks for confirming @Anankha, I have checked our system and cannot see anything that would be causing this issue from our side. Just to confirm are all connections to the hub tightly secured?

If so, I have found this article which details how you can check this issue to see if this helps.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Trophies are syncing to the PlayStation server. Re.net is a separate service run by Capcom where you connect your PS account & earn points & icons. 
All works when the firewall is turned off ergo this is the problem. 
I have added the PS5’s MAC address to DMZ & so far not had a connection problem.  I have yet to earn a trophy to test this as I’ve completed them. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and letting us know. 

Can you please get in touch with an update once you have achieved a trophy to see if you are still having this issue?

Thanks, 

Nat

I will.

Update:
Syncing challenges to RE.net are fine since adding the PS5 IP to DMZ.