cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after problem, this is easily the worst ISP i ever have used

danbottomburp
On our wavelength

Where to start?

On steam i am not getting anywhere close to my download speed (1GB) i get a quarter if i am lucky, not just on steam either its the same on EA and using the RIot client

Been looking at my BQM and it hasn't been exactly stable over the last three/four days that might be something to do with it

In FPS games i am a sitting duck, shooting at people who i should be killing only to be laughed at and killed myself instead

I am the highest rank possible in CsGo but i haven't played it at all since getting Virgin connection, simply do NOT trust it

Done some speed tests using various providers including Real Speed which tells me the Jitter and packet loss is there

Every single dungeon i do in ESO online completes and then i am immediately kicked formt he server and have to log in again, this happens every single time

I have reset the router recently, its definitely not my PC 

I would much rather have a stable, good quality connection than one that can sometimes hit over 1GB a second

My previous provider might have only been giving me 40Mbps but they were on another level in terms of connection quality

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ac34fd4c9281748e838a5f353a78c05971b11487

38 REPLIES 38

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cd99 wrote:

Why does virgin media share your connection with others?   

Because that's the way it works and was designed .......   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@danbottomburp wrote:

<snip>   I will get the hub stats posted asap

Can you post your latest stats please .  Your latest shared BQM looks good fine btw.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Under Network logs its completely blank, it does this all the time, i reset it, they show up for a few days and then it goes blank again, so i trust no stats from the Hub at all

Can someone from Virgin tell me what is going on with my "excellent connection" please, oh boy every time i read that "excellent connection" it makes me laugh, excellent connection they say, yeah and Santa Claus is real

Hi danbottomburp,Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you are still issues and aren't able to see any Network Logs, I was able to have another look our end and cannot see any issues at all, I can see you haven't rebooted the Hub for over 25 Days, please unplug form the power. leave 2 Minutes then plug back in.

Regards

Paul.

You do know there has been a BQM on this connection since it was installed right? the days of ISP's being able to hide and say "reboot the router" are over, i suggest you take a look at the last 3/4 days of the meter

Something is not right and it isn't that my router has not been rebooted once a day  as that apparently is what i am supposed to be doing 

There is the 8th 9th and 10th for example, its atrocious 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ea323505864619d2cc9bc5b8c79ce8d1b7...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/8004a13cab172248699887f23dc06b63959616b3-09-04-2022

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2c6ec7a2ffe1e92887367f1719f0e8b22ca5c37a-10-04-2022 

Hi danbottomburp,

Thanks for coming back to us and posting your recent BQM. Remotely looking at the systems from our end, we have detected that your experiencing downstream power level issues. 

Due to this, we would like to arrange an engineer to come and take a look at this for you.

I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details and get this arranged with you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

It's good that you are getting a technician visit to sort out your signal levels.  But the problem illustrated in those last BQM traces is not a fault on your connnection. It was a widespread issue that many users have noted, but it appears now to have been cleared.  Your live BQM link that you posted at the beginning of the thread now shows a very clear connection.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi danbottomburp, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @danbottomburp,

Just checking in to see how your visit went yesterday?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs