cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding Hub 5

IanLodge
Tuning in

Hi,

My Son has a PS5 with a wired connection to the router and we want to set up Port Forwarding for him, but I am at a loss as to what to insert into what section.

This is what I want to set up:

• TCP: 1935, 3478-3480, 3659, 10000-10099, 42127
  • UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3659, 6000

So could some kind soul advise what goes into which section

I have his IP so I am good there but Local start and end port and External start and end port are???

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

BoomLiam
Tuning in
Hi,

I'd recommend following this pretty comprehensive guide: https://www.cfos.de/en/cfos-personal-net/port-forwarding/virgin-media-hub-30.htm

You will have to login to the router page at 192.168.0.1 (password can be found on underside of router)

When setting up the Port Forwarding rule, the Local IP will be the IP of the device you want traffic directed at those ports to be sent to (in this case, the PS5). Then for each of these ports (separated by a comma) the Local Start, Local End, External Start, External End will be the same. For a range (10000 - 10099) the Local Start will be 10000 and Local End will be 10099 (same for Internal).

Hope that helps!

Or you can use UPnP and let that handle the port forwarding without having to set manual Port Forwarding.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

I used port forwarding on a hub 3 for over two years, now I have a hub 5 and only two of my five rules work.

adam19914ever
Just joined

hello all 

just i was having a huge problem with VM and the HUB 5 with port forwarding and NAT reflection. so my resolve was after a lot of testing trialing and errors multiple phone calls to VM with the same issue and their first line and second line think port forwarding is the LAN ports on the back of the router lol hahaha this made me laugh. I spoke with a hacker friend who did some research on himself and even took apart my HUB 5 and found out that in MODEM MODE only LAN port 1 is working and the others are just at 10mbps and LAN 1 was at full gig speed supper weird they should say this when turning to modem mode once Full fiber is here I will be changing Back to BT as VM is just so back with there tech support. hope this helps also if you're using PFSENSE make sure that your NAT reflection setting are set correctly otherwise it will work out of your network but not locally.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@adam19914ever wrote:

<snip>    I spoke with a hacker friend who did some research on himself and even took apart my HUB 5 and found out that in MODEM MODE only LAN port 1 is working and the others are just at 10mbps

I can assure you when I had the Hub 5 the 2.5Gb port was working fine in modem mode, and that's the red one, Port 4.  It is be design, and only one port is used when in Modem mode.  Ports 1 to 3 are Gigabit and the red Port 4 is 2.5Gb.

As for Port Forwarding, the older Hubs were bugged and the port numbers had to be input in ascending order or it failed.  I don't know if that was ever fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks