cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds and packet loss.

locky1
Dialled in

I'm on the FTTP 500 package and I'm not getting anywhere near that.

As you can see my Quality monitor also confirms this..

No one is downloading or using the line either and im directly connect to it via ethernet. I've tried the usual rebooting etc.

dfsdfs.png

nmbbmn.png

18 REPLIES 18

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Those nasty patches on your BQM are common to all VM customer BQMs that I've seem posted today, so it's not unique to your connection.  I've asked if VM can investigate, but previous experience of asking for similar problems to be investigated is not particularly impressive.

That doesn't mean your connection doesn't have a unique problem, just saying that BQM charts today reflect some wider problem.

Yes I agree its a wider issue as the BQM I seen posted on the ThinkBB site are the same too..

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/97ff8613615c26b1feef8dac761d8e17f7209307-09-04-2022

Replying with "my" BQM as I have a similar issue which has worsened over the past few weeks. On Warzone and Fortnite, I've been kicked several times, it seems to take an age trying to join a game and I'm having a generally unpleasant experience were previously it's been generally good - I am on 1GB and will also add that the BQM latency increases and the blue saw-tooth spiking happens more when NOT gaming than when we are gaming?!!

PS: Can someone explain how I can insert an image of my BQM instead of a link   Thanks 😉

I keep getting kicked from Warzone at the exact same time the other two lads I play with (lost connection to blizzard). We are all on Virgin media!.

I just took a snip of my BQM then uploaded it as a picture. 

Your BQM looks a bit like mine. had an outage of TV and Broadband (phone ok) from 0400 to 1130 am today.
This I believe had been fixed as service resumaed but my wifi is now running slow..I'll reboot and see what gives.

Well it looks like the same on Crap service and packet lost from Virgin has come back today.

This is all BRAND new install in my area and all fibre.. 

dsdffd.png

Biscuit_Monster
Tuning in
Spoiler

This is mine. Red line is me rebooting the modem in vain. Really choppy connection to multiplayer servers.  

BE1B7BBE-D2D3-4E5F-B4DC-2224AA5F7285.png

IS someone at this perthitic company actually going to take charge and fix this? It's a joke now tbh.. 

erwewr.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BQM showing peak time latency issues for Virgin Media users | thinkbroadband

Still ongoing and affecting all VM users.  It will get sorted soon I hope.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks