Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Poor latency in M4

Have raised this issue last month and was given a fix date of earlier in March, but it is still absolutely terrible, to the point when I'm even struggling to load web pages from 9am to 12am every day. I'm getting spikes of up to 20% packet loss and regular latency spikes of up to 140-150ms. My average latency is cruising at around 90ms.

I'm going to guess this is due to oversubscription - can anyone from VM verify this and perhaps provide a fix date? The last letter I got in the post said there was work supposed to be happening on 30th March, but our connection hasn't improved since yesterday (as you can see from the latency in my signature).

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media M4 connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor latency in M4

Good Morning,

If you could please send me the MAC address from the bottom of your Modem I can take a look into this and check the Network for any issues.

Thanks!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers. I guess that's CM MAC? It's C005C257E40B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Currently 40%  packet loss. Could I get a bit more info on what's going on here? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have lantency in games 20.000-30 000,can u please fix it somehow,i need a answer from u please.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1817f553264f08f6b57bd0e5be577566d7...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Some network port somewhere hit high utilisation buffered as many packets as it can then dropped the rest.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BQM, Test for outgoing ports and L2TP VPN test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still getting incredibly poor latency and packet loss throughout the day. Why am I paying full price for this? Can someone from VM please answer? Nobody is replying via text or the forums 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no solid reply from anyone about these issues. I have now started to have random dropouts and slow speeds too. Can I please get someone from virgin media to tell me what the hell is going on?? I shouldn't be paying full price for such crap service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain! I'm in Watford area and my broadband chart is literally the same as yours, only time latency is low is early hours of the morning. Apparently my  area is being fixed by May 20th, shall see whether that happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still extremely poor service and NO RESPONSE from virgin media. Tomorrow i will be calling support and if I don't get a resolution by the end of the day I'll be switching to BT.

0 Kudos