Menu
kult414
Settling in
Message 101 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation Network Issues

Hey there, 

Just posting for awareness - all my flat mates cannot connect with wired connections - tried the fixes in the thread before I decided to make an account here. 

Problem Area: Northern Ireland - Derry City 

0 Kudos
joshstaana
Joining in
Message 102 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Is there any news about the fix yet? Last night it was working perfectly, only this mornig when it all started for me and til now it's still broke.

0 Kudos
angeljay1982
Just joined
Message 103 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation Network

Yesterday my ps4 was saying that the network is down for maintenance for all of the afternoon, about 6pm I was so happy that it came back on and I could play Destiny 2. Now imagine my disappointment when I logged onto my PS4 this afternoon only to be shown the same message as yesterday afternoon!

Yesterday I tweeted VM and got the generic reply. Today I tweet VM and they reply saying we know about the issue and its at the Sony end. Now come on VM put out a statement, apologise DO SOMETHING! But don't treat us like idiots

0 Kudos
Community Manager (Retired) James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 104 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for all these.

We've fed back your concerns and account information.

We are aware of an issue affecting some Virgin Media customers accessing PSN and we are working with Sony to investigate.

This is not due to a fault on Virgin Media’s network.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Leonheart
Tuning in
Message 105 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I'd let you all know it's up and running for me again.

Thanks for the update James, problem is Sony are saying it's a fault on your network which is why people are coming here.

I totally get what you are saying as everything else works fine. Surly if it was Virgin network issue, I wouldn't be able to use my broadband at all or connect to anything.

I am just going to presume Sony did an update that effected something connection wise to their servers. I am no expert but maybe something down them lines anyway haha.

Mikelockie
Joining in
Message 106 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Funny how I changed my dns settings and was immediately on line then.....
scrappysphinx
On our wavelength
Message 107 of 120
Flag for a moderator

not a fault on virgin's network? 

That's funny, we've been told all day its a DNS error and will take VM 72 hours to flush it, a workaround of changing DNS settings to Google's is working, Problem only affecting Virgin Media customers.... The list goes on, sort it out! People are paying VM for a service they are not currently providing. Everyone understands that issues occur but to post its resolved when it isn't, then remove that post and deny it's your fault is unacceptable. 

Its a Joke!

0 Kudos
johndan42
Settling in
Message 108 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I Can confirm it is in fact on your end as using my phones 4G as a hotspot allows connection to the PlayStation network however connection times out instantly as soon as I reconnect via my virgin broadband!

0 Kudos
cTc_F3LTZYY
Dialled in
Message 109 of 120
Flag for a moderator

I think it's to do with your puma 6 CPU chipset, pile of sh ..

GMAN73
Superfast
Message 110 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Vermin Medias network is the problem it is complete crap and not fit for gaming period.