cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spikes

hunghy93
Tuning in

Hi,

So I have moved on from Bt to VM in August with 500Mbs service. During summer I had no issues, other than higher ping than previous service (Bt was constant 16 pings with 350Mbs service, while VM was 19 ~ 25 pings with 500Mbs service).

However, the problem started after I've come back from the holiday. All the sudden when I play any online games, mostly League of Legends, my ping spikes from 26 up to 160, which sometimes makes it unplayable.

First, I thought it's just an issue with the game, but when I checked with Overwatch or other blizzard games, the ping stayed at 50 (quite high to play) and had slight spikes as well. Now it just got worse, can't even stay at 20s which makes any game unplayable.

Searching through the forum I noticed that I'm not the only one with the issue and I don't really know how to solve.

Other than leaving VM, is there any way to fix?

I'm using VM Hub 4 as modem mode and ASUS GS-AX5400 as router wire connected.

36 REPLIES 36

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello hunghy93

Hope your okay 

Can I just ask how the visit went today?

Gareth_L

He said there was noting wrong with the cables, router, modem.

But when he heard that my friend next door has the same issue, getting worse when construction work happens nearby, he concluded that it's the problem in the area.

Also he's gonna report this so they can try to remotely fix this.

HI hunghy93

Thanks for the update 

Did the Technician leave his details with you at all to keep you updated 

Gareth_L

He did tell me his number when he came last time, but no updates from him.

That's why I keep post on community.

From looking at your connection and equipment via our systems hunghy93 we can only see 2 upstream channels when there should be 4. The Hub is in modem mode which an cause issues with the details we can see.

Would you be able to take it out of modem mode and let us know when this has been done so we can take a look?

Rob

I'm fed up with changing it to router mode when ever new forum team member replied to me. It never helped, never found an error.

Also I have been CHARGED for technician appointment when my problem is clearly NOT been solved.

Right now I don't really care whether you lad solve this ping spike, I'm determined to change ISP after the contract or even early if possible.

Hi @hunghy93,

Though typically most technician visits are free of charge, there are instances where there would be a valid call out charge applied. You can find more information regarding this here.

If you still wish to dispute the charge after reading that then please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!