Menu
Davep130278
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes....

Hi all,

So since I received an email to say that my router is going to be used as a hotspot I have had intermittent ping spikes (ranging from 310ms to over 5000ms)

It is making gaming absolutely impossible and is starting to really annoy me.

I have an engineer booked for Friday but wondered if there was anything that has been noticed by others that I could maybe fix somehow?

The call centre is bloody useless, so I am hoping maybe somebody knows of an issue?

Cheers in advance.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping spikes....

Sorry to hear about this Davep130278,

I've checked things from this end for you and everything is within range at the moment.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with your connection.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Davep130278
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, yes still having issues.

Finally got to speak to somebody that didn't just fob me off from the call centre, they said they spoke to technical and they could see an issue at peak times?

The spikes happen at all times of the day but will be hard to spot because they last a couple of seconds at most.

Currently experiencing them now, it is driving me mad.

Are you able to confirm that anything is noted on my account in regards to issues in this area?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davep130278,

I have tested your connection and I believe the fault you were referred to was that of F005963296. This relates to some congestion on the network which increases at peak times. 

From your description of the issue it sounds as though you may be experiencing problems at other times of day.

Would you mind running some ping tests, at different times of day please and posting the results on here? A few speed tests too, via speedtest.net would be useful. But please do this whilst connected via Ethernet to your Hub.

We'll then investigate further for you.

Many thanks, 

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos