cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spikes last 2 days - Stockport

Cheeze439
On our wavelength

The last 48 hours I'm seeing constant ping spikes when gaming.

I'm on the superhub 3, SK3 postcode, my PC is connected via ethernet cable.

The hub is in modem mode with an Asus router.

Thing's I've tried...

Restarting all equipment.

Back to router mode and no third party router, same issue so it's not the 3rd party router.

Turned off the pc and run a ping test over wifi from my iphone, exact same spikes so it's not the PC.

Disconnected all wifi devices, same issue so it's not a wifi issue.

I'm certain it's my line now.

Here's a typical ping test chart, there seems to be a repeating pattern, as you can see every 20 seconds there's a big spike. Any help would be appreciated.

ping.png

58 REPLIES 58

Cheeze439
On our wavelength

Finally they’ve realised there is a fault. 

A quick improvement but not perfect for me was going back into router mode and disabling my third party router for now. Less issues but still present. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not SK2/3 guess that means it’s still my fault 😂

I’m sure it’s the same issue, but 5 days for a fix is poor. 

At least they’ve acknowledged it.

Which SK are you?

Cheeze439
On our wavelength

Still no issues coming up on the service status checker tool. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a message from a moderator - apparently there’s many SK post codes affected. 

the app and service number still say there’s no issue though. 

I am having the same issues Notaker, I live in SK14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers Crossy1986. Good to know I’m not alone, I was ready to put the Hub in the bin!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets see the BQM to envisage the scale of the issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

SK14 here, hoping that this area is part of the issue as well otherwise I'm back to square one 😥

Hi @Crossy1986 , I've just done a cheeky check on your service using the information we have on here already and can confirm that you fall under the ticket.  I can also confirm that whilst we used the initial postcodes to investigate, we also look further to cover other network areas and can imagine there may be quite a few postcodes already covered.

Also a gentle reminder, to enable our Forum Team to help all members on this Forum, please don't send a Private Message without being invited in by them. 

I've also merged the threads into one so it's easier to track.

Thanks,

Lisa