cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spikes/Lag

Lukeey97
Joining in

For around 2 1/2 weeks I’ve been getting lag spikes/ping rises when gaming online on my Xbox series x. Normally I hover around 18-20 ping but the spikes can more than double on certain games (Fifa,Apex) and I get lag which makes the game very frustrating to play. Been on the phone to a VM employee today and they tried suggesting an internet upgrade will fix it, already on the 350mb package. I’m on a wired connection and have never had any problems up until around the 8th of this month. Any help at all? Because I’m lost at the moment and considering changing provider if it doesn’t improve.

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lukeey97 wrote:

<snip>   Been on the phone to a VM employee today and they tried suggesting an internet upgrade will fix it, already on the 350mb package. <snip> 

Do not upgrade the speed, it will make no difference if your line is faulty !!

Post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here to monitor your line quality  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not sure how to do the power level things but I’ve had a bqm set up for a few days and this is what it’s looked like today so far.65E060C2-1F74-4407-96D0-F9498C862DDC.jpeg

8BF0BC1B-7AFD-42F8-8B1E-958AD31BD93E.jpegUpdate: This was for the whole of the 29th.

Lukeey97
Joining in

5 days later and still no reply from any member of staff, what a way to treat your customers.

Hi @Lukeey97 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your issues you're having when online gaming.  I would like to take a look at your service from here.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lukeey97 thanks for getting back to us privately.

We're currently unable to find any issues that are describing the problems you're experiencing.  How are things today?  Also can you please advise if the issue is impacting all aspects of your usage (e.g. streaming etc) or gaming alone?

Regards

Lee_R

No problems so far today and yes it’s just gaming. Steaming is completely fine. Sometimes the WiFi runs a little slow on phones and stuff but that’s not a huge problem. 

Over 2 months and still no reply, was there ever a fix for this?

Hi Lukeey97,

Thank you for reaching back out, I can see you spoke to Lee In February and advised everything was OK apart from slower speeds on phones which didn't bother you, what issues are you facing.

Regards

Paul.