Menu
LD0123
Joining in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping Spikes and unstable connection affecting online gaming

The connection is still bad, been searching forums and seen maybe the power levels could be a factor?Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi LD0123,

Thank you for keeping us updated with this. 

Can I just check is this on both a Wired & Wireless connection? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

Can I just check is this on both a Wired & Wireless connection? 

Been said in post 9

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Ping-Spikes-and-unstable-connection-affecting-on...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi LD0123,

I'm really sorry that this is ongoing and that we've, as yet, been unable to identify the cause of this issue.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and the section of cable you're using, but haven't been able to locate any reason for this packet loss. You seem to be receiving solid speeds into the property and there are no area issues which may account for the problem.

As you've advised that your mobile service is also affected, I'm wondering whether this is actually due to interference in the immediate surroundings. This could be something within your property itself, or in the nearby flats. To rule out any affects from devices in your home, have you ensured that your hub is away from any other electronics? Things like TVs, fridges, printers or other devices emit certain frequencies which can disrupt the production or range of a wireless signal, and can sometimes affect the performance of the hub itself. You may also find the issue could be caused by busy channels in your area. I'd recommend taking a look at our WiFi Wins for further information.

I appreciate that you've previously rebooted the hub, have you tried performing a full reset at all? This is done by poking a paperclip or similar into the pinhole labelled RESET for at least 20 seconds. Please bear in mind that this would revert any settings or passwords to their default and disconnect any wireless devices. This would refresh any internal processes and can give the equipment the virtual kick it needs.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos