cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping Spikes Randomly While Gaming.

TK_switch
Tuning in

Hello,

Whenever I try to play games online, ping keeps spiking intermittently throughout the whole day averaging from 25-40 ms to 1000+ ms for a couple of seconds combined with some packet loss. It really affects my gaming experience heavily in ping-sensitive environments such as first-person shooters and fighting games; it's extremely frustrating. 

Any assistance to fix this problem would be great. 👍

- TK_Switch

p.s. - I have a Gig1 broadband only package with a Hub 5 and wired.

12 REPLIES 12

Given you're presumably using that connection fair to assume there are one or more upstreams connected, or you're on the 3.1 block only, which is very odd.

Thanks for coming back to us TK_switch. We will need to get a technician visit booked to resolve your connection issues. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message TK_switch. 

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L