cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

Tashanortheast
Tuning in

Still have really big problems with packet loss and lantancy problems started back in December replaced the hub for a new one but still the same problems and no one is listening to me , we are a gaming family and its so hard to play the xbox games 

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Set up a Broadband Quality Monitor over at Thinkbroadband (link below).  Let it run for 24 hours, see what it shows. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

If posting the result in a reply, you can't cut and paste the link you use when logged in as that won't work for us, nor will posting a screenshot.  Instead you need to use the options for "Share today's snapshot graph" or "Share live graph", then press "Generate", and copy and paste the resulting "Direct link".  Sounds confusing, but shouldn't be when you try it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tashanortheast wrote:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4d3629732e37576d56f768b2f6560a04e0...

That BQN shows bad packet loss.  VM will need to check and fix this.

Please post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Once done we can comment and advise.  I would recommend gaming via cable where possible.

in the meantime try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vm keep fobbing me off they change the hub back in December but as u can see its bad i have 3 xboxs wired and 1 wireless,  how do i do the network logs 

Thanks 

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

If i need a laptop or computer i dont have one 

Forum staff will pick this up (sometime in the next day or so) and they can check your hub status remotely, and advise on any area problems.

Hi @Tashanortheast,

Thank you for your posts. I am really sorry to hear you're having some problems with your connection recently.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can check over some things and see what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Tashanortheast,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we can investigate further.

As discussed, a technician visit has been arranged. I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but if you need to manage/reschedule the appointment at all you can do this via your My Virgin Media account.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!