cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

Chrisp84
Tuning in

I'm suffering packet loss at all times during gaming trying to watch streaming services etc 

Sent some pings from command prompt of different file sizes and also from router ping options different file sizes and all have serious packets lost 

It's been going on ever since install (8 years ago) changed router had engineers and still whether it's ps4 or ps5 or Nintendo Switch its becoming unplayable at times 

I'm paying for a service that's isn't functioning correctly some pings were 100% packet loss 

Please Help

17 REPLIES 17

Screenshot_20220211-202026_Chrome.jpg

Richard9588
Joining in

@Chrisp84 wrote:

I'm suffering packet loss at all times during gaming trying to watch streaming services etc 

Sent some pings from command prompt of different file sizes and also from router ping options different file sizes and all have serious packets lost 

It's been going on ever since install (8 years ago) changed router had engineers and still whether it's ps4 or ps5 or Nintendo Switch its becoming unplayable at times 

I'm paying for a service that's isn't functioning correctly some pings were 100% packet loss 

Please Help

I get packet loss and latency issue the engineer said there was a problem on your end and the service is definitely not working correctly and I've heard nothing since and am still suffering the issues mentioned.

I've been having these issues ever since installation 8 years ago and keep getting fobbed off think it might be time for me to change provider 

Hi Chrisp84,

I have emailed the Area Field Manager to request an update to see if the team have investigated the network and have any updates. As soon as I do have an update for you I will let you know from here.

Kind regards

Beth

• Last night was unbearable 

 any news whats happening before I decide to leave 

Screenshot_20220216-203024_Chrome.jpg

There's definitely an issue as I am playing with my phone tethered and have zero packets lost and no lag or any issues 

It's my virgin broadband 100 percent if this is not resolved I can't see any other option but to change provider

The fragment of BQM you've posted looks pretty bad, suggest you generate a shared, live graph and then post the link to that.  Not a screenshot.

If you're on an undiscounted 30 day contract, cancelling is no problem.

If you wish to leave and you're in a fixed term contract then you'll need to raise a formal complaint, tell VM they've had the opportunity already, and they now have two weeks to resolve the fault or to release you from contract without penalty or notice, and if they can't agree to that, then a deadlock letter to immediately escalate the matter to CISAS.  

If you are in a fixed term contract, a quicker option than the tactics above might be to cut your losses, phone and serve cancellation notice in response to the price rise notification - but you'd need to move fast, that 30 day cancellation window is close to ending, and for some customers already will have ended.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Chrisp84,

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband at the moment.

The agent who emailed the AFM is not in today, they will update you as soon as they have heard back from the AFM.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide