cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

Chrisp84
Tuning in

I'm suffering packet loss at all times during gaming trying to watch streaming services etc 

Sent some pings from command prompt of different file sizes and also from router ping options different file sizes and all have serious packets lost 

It's been going on ever since install (8 years ago) changed router had engineers and still whether it's ps4 or ps5 or Nintendo Switch its becoming unplayable at times 

I'm paying for a service that's isn't functioning correctly some pings were 100% packet loss 

Please Help

17 REPLIES 17

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here to monitor your line quality  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

Also how are you connecting?  Wired or wireless?  Which Hub are you using?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20220131-161712_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220131-161705_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220131-161632_Chrome.jpg

I'm connecting wired for my gaming and I'm using a Hub 3.0 every game I play is suffering packet loss and packet burst its becoming so frustrating I've put up with it in the past as it's been like this since install and I've had engineers out in the past

Screenshot_20220131-162723_Chrome.jpg

a hub 3.0 

Hi Chrisp84, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your connection. 

Taking a look at your account, I can see that since posting, you've had an engineer out. I can see they have tested things thoroughly and that during the visit you were getting full speeds. The engineer not only checked the levels on the Hub bit also checked the stats through the drop cable coming in to the house. Finally the cabinet was checked to. There were some very minor issues in there however nothing that would really cause an issue. 

I can see the engineer has also referred this over to our Networks team to see if they can locate any issues. 

Please keep us posted on how the connection is. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes someone came out did a very good job checking everything. 

Like you said I get fantastic speeds can't argue with that its just not stable as I get packet loss and latency issue the engineer said there was a problem on your end and the service is definitely not working correctly and I've heard nothing since and am still suffering the issues mentioned 

I'm really losing patience with it and thinking about leaving is there anything else that is being done as I'm heard nothing since 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to post the "shared link" for your BQM for your circuit as requested.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Chrisp84, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm afraid we don't have any updates on this as it stands. As mentioned previously, the engineer did refer this to the networks team but it can take them a little while to pick up and investigate. 

Once the networks team have looked in to it, they will perform the necessary works to resolve things. 

I know this isn't ideal but it is a case of waiting I'm afraid. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs