Menu
ptrwiv
Tuning in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss

This is causing me real issues when trying to work from home via VPN as it keeps dropping out, meaning I can't do my job.

Can I have an update on F006831119 please?
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@ptrwiv wrote:
This is causing me real issues when trying to work from home via VPN as it keeps dropping out, meaning I can't do my job.
<snip>

VM do not have any SLA's on residential supply.  If work is really important you need a Business account.

Or consider Dual circuit or a 4G modem for emergency cover ?

ptrwiv
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Quick update.. end of last week the upstream changed back to how it should be however there was still some packet loss. In the last day or so the packet loss seems to have cleared up, so hopefully it is resolved.
0 Kudos
ptrwiv
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Connection has crapped itself completely this afternoon Smiley Sad  I've just done a reboot of my PC and Superhub.

I noticed some pages not loading first time then tried to play an FPS game and just warped all over the place so checked my BB ping check...

My Broadband Ping - VM

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

0 Kudos
ptrwiv
Tuning in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the modem rebooted itself at 00:30 this morning and seems okay again now. Odd.
0 Kudos
E-Elina
Tuning in
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you got it sorted out? I have exactly the same problem but i have been facing it for more than half year, last time when this happened in my previous address our family decided to quit from Virgin but i quite like it (when it works)

2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpgConstant disconnecting from network and sometimes a huge packet loss - no gaming possible and people start to hate you for ruining their gaming experience.

0 Kudos