cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss on new (ish) connection.

bboski
Tuning in

Hi all, 

I have started to experience some weird issues with my relatively new connection as we moved over to VM three weeks ago (M350). Speed wise all works perfect but I notice we get quite a few packet losses and occasionally latency spikes however these are not the issue for now. I set up BQM tool and it's showing some packet loss. Would any of you experienced users could have a look at this and advise how these could be resolved? Spent over 30 mins on hold to tech services and eventually gave up. Running the HUB in modem only mode. 

Thank you all in advance for all your help. 

Bart

29 REPLIES 29

You're welcome, Bartek.

Hello Andrew, 

I should have messaged sooner. VM engineer found a faulty connector at the cabinet - replaced it and all issues appear to be resolved. 

Thank you for your help on this and for flagging up with forum staff. 

Many thanks, 

Bartek

Hi Bartek,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, really glad to hear this has now been resolved by our technician changing a faulty cable, sorry this wasn't picked up earlier.

If you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know?

Kind regards

Paul.

Hello there, I am afraid it looks like the problem has returned - some unusual packet loss visible on the BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fb29789ab12466d84dfa094bfe25021876bdd1dd

I wondered if you could look into this please? 

Many thanks, 

Bartek 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bboski

Has this only been recently? How long ago did the packet loss pick up again?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Travis, 

It started around 24/25 June and it has continued since. 

Bartek

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can see there's currently an outage in your area which is due to end by 3pm today. If the issue continues once the outage is concluded then we'll investigate this further. I've subscribed yourself to receive outage updates to make you aware if the outage will last any longer / concluded earlier.

My apologies for the inconvenience

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hello, 

Many thanks for the update. 

BR

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome, keep us updated on how your service continues.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hello Travis, 

Unfortunately the issues continue even thought the outage has been resolved, please see below BQM from today & lower fro 23rd June before we started experiencing the issues, you can see there was virtually no loss packets and connection was nice and stable: 

Today (6th July): 

6th July 2021 (BQM)6th July 2021 (BQM)

23rd June 2021 (BQM)

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 18.17.09.png

Please let me know if you need any more details. 

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Bartek