cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss, latency, FIFA 21

jamesnight77
Tuning in

All,

Like many reported issues on here, i'm getting pretty fed up with the terrible connection for certain online games, notably, FIFA 21.

I'm on the Hub3, I've been with Virgin since July last year. My main frustration is that FIFA 21 is unplayable with this connection. I'm constantly lagging which makes a fast paced game impossible.

I'm connected via LAN rather than wireless, its right next to the hub so thats no issue. I've forwarded ports, tried DMZ, tried turning off upnp, tried reboots, tried changing DNS. The only thing I haven't done is buy a router. However, I've read that this hasn't fixed the problem for plenty of others so not that motivated to spend over £100 to be in the same situation.

I have heard its down to the routing to the servers that Virgin maps for the connection. There are several unknown hosts which all introduce latency into the game.

I've done a BQM which doesn't look great, but not sure how bad it is as i've not got much comparison. See here:

BQM 

I've also done a UOtrace which shows 100ms pings which is just not acceptable, I don't understand why Virgins routing is so complex and slow....

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

The BQM looks ok from what ive seen on how to read the graph.. Seen worse on other threads.

My router doesnt support BQM so i have nothing to compre yours too

Gaving1
Joining in

Dint get me started on this, I thought it was my PS4, it’s exactly the same on Xbox yet my pal doesn’t get bad gameplay,

you can login to router and go to advanced settings then security and firewall turn off port detection and ip flood

my gameplay instantly changes on rivals unfortunately champs is same,

jamstar2k
On our wavelength

My son has been playing Fifa for the last couple of months every evening on his PS4 and doesnt experience any lag at all, this is while im playing COD on my Xbox. I would reccomend a 3rd party router and use the VM router in modem mode. If this doesnt help then i would say its purely a routing issue which cannot be fixed