cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and latency issues

oscarmm
Joining in

Hi there,

I wasn't sure what board to put this so I selected Gaming Support because that's where the issues are most noticeable. Over the past month or two I've been having intermittent issues with packet loss and latency spikes. It doesn't really affect web browsing but it's particularly noticable in games sensitive to packet loss. I'm unsure exactly when this started but it functioned fine in the past. I've attached a BQM graph which hopefully will illustrate the issue. The packet loss spikes look small but it's quite noticable when playing. I'm on a PC plugged in via ethernet to the Hub 3 router.

Thanks.fb6b32e78335bf081bce6cc502a15877c232a9b6-22-10-2023.png

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is a local service issue.

Test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see Packet Loss / Jitter / Latency.

Share a screen shot of the results.

The results are quite variable so I repeated it a few times and attached the results. I did these at around 9pm/9:30pm. Also attached today's BQM graph. I noticed packet loss while playing games today at around that time.

realspeed3.PNGrealspeed4.PNGrealspeed5.PNGrealspeed2.PNG9954fdc78db06c9bbff04730f2aef2ca4acc5dd1-23-10-2023.png

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello oscarmm.

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for packet loss you are experiencing
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.
Sadly it's not showing anything wrong, So I will need to send you a private message to gain account access and run further tests.
If you can check the envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Damage1_1
On our wavelength

Hi

I just read your post and wondered how this situation was resolved?

Cheers

Roger Bergquist