cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and Latency during peak hours

triggnology
Tuning in

I've been seeing packet loss and latency at peak hours for some time, but specifically Escape from Tarkov and Fifa 23, to the point where they're almost unplayable after 18:00. 

I work shifts so game during the day and rarely experience much packet loss but latency is always a problem. 

I'm aware the latency and packet loss could be from beyond the VM network but wondered if there was anything that could be done? 

a71eca857f63b9b4457887fc5a04dd5a0c9fcf3c-22-01-2023

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you so much for your detailed summary.

Hi @triggnology

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear of your broadband concerns, I can understand this can be very frustrating. I have taken a look at our side and connect see anything out of specification at this time. I have asked the team to check and monitor for any High Utilisation or area concerns in the next few days which might be the cause of your issues. 

They advise is you can please try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

How will a reset help?  The hub and the cable connection are working perfectly well through the small hours of the morning, triggnology posted a link to a live BQM earlier, take a look. 

Do tech support believe that there's a mysterious software bug in hub firmware that only applies during daytime?

Hey Andrew-G, thank you for reaching out but this should help with the issue, if not we can try other steps.

We are not aware of a software bug currently. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Reset is just a stall tactic should the upstream calm down.

@Matthew_ML wrote:

We are not aware of a software bug currently. Thanks 

Really no bugs not even one I find that hard to believe.🤣 and thinking about it you still want to do a reset... because their are no bugs.🤔 

---------------------------------------------------------------

They are giving you the run around.