cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss & Terrible upload speed

ritch7
On our wavelength

Same as everyone else, constant red packet loss as shown by a BQM test.

Recently just upgraded to 1gig as well, pretty ridiculous. 

Upload speed down to 3mb, just posting here to add to the list of people to show how diabolical your service is.

You certainly had no issue emailing and texting me every 5 minutes to get your old router back, pathetic.

31 REPLIES 31

Well unless they have been adjusted since, your download power levels are out of spec.

Powerlevels on 3.0 should be between -6 and +10.

ritch7
On our wavelength

Between 4 and 7 packet loss again tonight.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing @ritch7,

I can see that you're hub has not been rebooted since the re-pull was completed - can you please attempt a reboot, or possibly even a pin hole reset?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ritch7
On our wavelength

Not to sound rude, but.. you honestly cannot be serious at this point.

Now, for the 3942387432th time..

in 2020, this issue was addressed, after several visits the Engineer said there was noise at another property causing it on the line for everyone.

There must be a record of this. There must be something, somewhere that shows what was done to fix the issue.

Secondly; every single time I'm told that the people coming to my house understand what is wrong, and what they need to do - however 3 out of 3 Engineers have had ZERO idea and had to ask me what is wrong because noone has told them, what sort of ridiculousness is this?

Its a mockery, I've got ping graphs going back to 2016, showing how bad their network can be, just before start of lockdown I had 1Gb installed, first in my area according to the lady I ordered with, and the first install in the area the engineer said. The service ran GREAT, low ping all the time, always got my speeds, NEVER had any issue with working from home, nothing. 3-4 months later (and I have graphs to show this) as usual, Virgin over subscribe their network and I start getting packet loss and high ping at almost the same times of day.
Guess what that might be? An over subscribed network!
Virgin's problem is that they cram too many customers onto a node without enough expansion capacity, how they've got away with it this many years I can't fathom, although, no doubt some VM fanboy who lives in the middle of nowhere with barely any customers on the same node, or someone living in the middle of London with the node next door to them will come along and tell me why I'm wrong....even tho I have YEARS of ping graphs to show my point.... and when you actually speak to the right people, guess what their reply is? "We only guarentee a minimum speed, NOT the quality...." Virgin need to be held accountable for the speed AND the quality, 1 without the other is pointless. I would go back to any DSL based connection at this point if the speed I could get on that was more than 40mbit because in the years I had BT before Virgin Media, not once did I have the stability issues that I have on an almost daily basis with Virgin, its also, not my line, multiple friends I game with based ALL over the UK have the same issues, at the same times when we look and compare ping graphs.

ritch7
On our wavelength

ritch7_0-1642955671460.png

stay classy virgin media.

Thanks for coming back to us @ritch7.

I have looked into your account and can see that there is an SNR issue in your area at the moment.

The current estimated fix date and time for this issue to be resolved is 31 Jan @9am.

Regards,

Steven_L

ritch7
On our wavelength

I had a text, they said it has been fixed.

They have fixed it (same as before, they said this was fixed, and it was fine for 3-4 days) - I still get the occasional red blip every 30 minutes on BQM which makes me drop frames on twitch but.. i'll take it if thats as bad as it gets. 

So hopefully this is the end of that, and if it isn't.. its clear they know whats causing it for them to make it perfect for 2-3-4 days.

Will, report back with more info if it occurs again.

ritch7
On our wavelength

At midnight it seems to have started again, will report back in the morning.

They clearly know what the problem is, but if it keeps re-occuring that is a joke.