Menu
Zecron
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss Cheltenham

Having regular but short drops in connection most noticeable when playing in online multiplayer FPS games and VOIP clients such as discord. This makes games unplayable and talking very difficult. 

I contacted support via phone last night only to be told it was my Ethernet cable, which as i have tested i am certain it is not, after trying and failing to explain this to the person i was talking to i gave up and tried twitter who have sent me here after being unable to help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
joelk2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss Cheltenham

they always tell you its your equipment from my experience.

there is another thread here, you will be included in the same id imagine.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Gloucester-Insane-Packetloss-today-Getting-worse...

advice from that thread.

*****"More importantly, make sure you phone virgin and tell them this, that you're in Gloucester region / area code 05, and have seen this thread and are experiencing the same issues. Get added to work order 46889664 and we might get this escalated / taken seriously."****

Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss Cheltenham

Hi Zecron

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues you've had whilst playing online. 

I'm unable to locate your account so I’ve sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional information to help me look into this further for you.

Speak soon,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos