Menu
YourBestSenpai
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss

Hey, so today I came back from college, happily launched Rocket League and got a problem with connection. First thought it's ping, but no one was home, so no one could download anything etc. Then I realised it was showing me a "packet loss" error. Thought it's the game's server, but only I was experiencing issues in the game. Then I decided to check it on thinkbroadband.com and realised there was some packet loss even before I was home. Checked all the cables, nothing wrong, resetted twice and still nothing. Ran ping command in cmd prompt, tried to do it both with the router and virginmedia website, as well as rocketleague just to make sure. There were no problems with router, but when doing it with a website, the packet loss would range from around 3% to 6%, not big, but still really annoying, it's also not only Rocket League, experinced same thing in Dota 2 and issues when talking on Discord (friend said he couldn't hear me well). Any ideas what could be the issue or what there is I could do? Just to add, the picture shows packet loss at around 1pm, however, no one was home from 9am till 5pm, also, ignore the high ping from before, my parents decided to use some retarded internet tv that takes eats the whole internet.Opera Snapshot_2018-05-24_183412_www.thinkbroadband.com.png

0 Kudos
martyn182
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss

been having the same issue with packet loss for a week now, tried everything... but every game i try playing has between 5% and 30% loss non stop 

0 Kudos
martyn182
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
YourBestSenpai
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My has been gone from 10pm till now, but not sure if it will come back. Hope it was once only not a whole week like yours 😲

Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello YourBestSenpai

Your line and hub look good however apologies there were a few issues in the area with noise causing a bit of upstream packet lag, it does seem to coincide with your BQM, sorry about that.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello martyn182

Awfully sorry but your line/hub levels are not looking that good.

Downstream pwr levels:

-6.2 dBmV        -6.7 dBmV        -6.7 dBmV        -6.7 dBmV        -6.5 dBmV        -6.7 dBmV        -7.2 dBmV        -7.9 dBmV        -7.7 dBmV        -7.5 dBmV        -7.2 dBmV        -7.2 dBmV        -6.9 dBmV        -6.9 dBmV        -6.7 dBmV        -6.4 dBmV        -6.4 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV        -6.4 dBmV        -6.5 dBmV        -6.4 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV

Upstream:

55 dBmV        55 dBmV

With 86 power adjustments in the last day! Best we let an engineer take a look please, I will send you a forum private message to make arrangements.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
YourBestSenpai
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nah it's okay now, thanks for clearing it up why it happened Smiley Tongue Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

lol no worries, glad it is performing better now, always happy to help Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello martyn182

Thank you for your message, I have arranged an engineer appointment, please check my PM for details. Good luck with the visit and if you need us again please just post.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
martyn182
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hello, for for the late update, engineer was good.. fitted a boosted and all was grand.. until today when its gone back to how it was before >.< 

0 Kudos