cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss in Apex Legends

TheRedTomato
Tuning in

Hi guys,

I've had a new router fitted by Virgin in the last few months, and I've had issues with connecting to matches and major packet loss (Up to 70% lost) in some matches. It happens to my Apex Legends games on my PC, and my brother also gets the same issues on his Xbox Series X.

Before the new router, I don't remember having as much of an issue. Resetting the router doesn't seem to solve the issue, as that has been done multiple times since the router was installed.

Hope someone can help with some troubleshooting methods for me.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Under Advanced Settings>Security>Firewall - deselect Firewall. Then check the BQM to see if there’s any change.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheRedTomato,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear both you and your Brother are facing packet loss when playing Apex Legends on your Console and Gaming PC.

How are you both connecting, is it WIFI or a Wired connection, do you have issues with any other devices?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for coming back to me!

The PC is wired through a powerline adapter to the router, and the Xbox can be either connected to the WIFI or wired through a powerline adapter.

In regards to issues with other devices, I can't think of anything unusual to mention unfortunately.

I look forward to your reply!

Liam

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TheRedTomato

Thank you for your response

Do you experience the issue across other devices? I've looked today and can't see any power or signal levels out of spec. How has your connection been over the past few days?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Thank you for your reply!

We're not suffering with any major issues with other devices at this time. If anything pops up, I'll keep you posted.

In regards to Apex, I've been playing some games today on the PC and I've not had any issues as of yet. My brother on the Xbox on the other hand has been having issues with packet loss and not joining games today.

I look forward to your reply!

Hi all,

Just an update on my situation.

I previously mentioned that I have not had issues recently on Apex with my PC. However, the issues are still occuring. I was just lucky had a two day break with no problems. I'm still getting big packet loss on some games and sometimes I'm on joining games altogether.

Hopefully someone can help, cheers!

Hi @TheRedTomato,

I'm sorry to hear that these issues returned for you. I've checked on our systems and I'm unable to see any issues being detected on the line currently. Are things any better for you today?

If not, would you be able to set up and share with us a live BQM so we can see your connection in real-time?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, I am still suffering with these issues.

Please find my Live Graph:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/19c6a91a7b32bf1820e4b4a9aa5c2af045e27923

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced TheRedTomato,

Welcome back to the community.

From checking currently everything seems to be in spec.

Are you still facing issues? If so are you able to reboot the system and check cables? As your uptime is around 14+ days.

Thanks,

Kain

Under Advanced Settings>Security>Firewall - deselect Firewall. Then check the BQM to see if there’s any change.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia