cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSN Error CE-33729-4 - IP Blacklisted?

ph6
Joining in

So apparently my IP was blacklisted by Sony. I can't login PSN on my PS4 or PS5 or even access the website on a browser (except when using the Hub on Modem mode).

What can I do? I've read through the responses here and they all sum up to... well, pretty much nothing. I have the Hub 4 and no Third Party router. 

I got a bad risk assessment on Akamai, quoting

"The IPv4 Address was associated with the following malicious activity:

• Scanning Tool"

As far as I know I don't have any malware on my PC. Who should I contact about this, Sony or Virgin media? I'm under the impression neither will do anything about this. Is it possible to change my IP address?

15 REPLIES 15

AFAIK VM IP's are static and cannot be changed by the end user outside of modem mode and your own router.

Left Virgin Media in 2020 after being fobbed off one too many times about over utilisation.

Now: BT FTTP 900/110 connected an ASUS RT-AC86U router.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12098955842.png

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But you  need to be certain that every device in your personal network is clean of any malware. 

Otherwise your new IP (whether another VM one or from a different ISP) will be blacklisted just the same before long.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

linkestis
Joining in

Hello, my IP is also on this list. With the same problem ... I do not have access to 90% of the sites I use. With Akamai there is no decision on reviewing the decision to add my IP to the blacklist. Unusable and you can imagine the "horror" of my children :). ....they can't play on PS4...
Is this the only solution - to buy another router and use the current one in modem mode? If the Virgin router is replaced, won't the IP address be changed? Thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@linkestis wrote:

<snip>    If the Virgin router is replaced, won't the IP address be changed? Thanks

Yes, it will and your old IP address will be "released" into the VM DHCP pool for someone else to get it and end up blacklisted ......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We recently moved and had to have our SH2 replaced with a SH3 to continue to be supplied with a landline, since phone sockets are no longer installed and this is done via the hub, and we were issued a new WAN IP for the SH3, but once I put it into modem mode and connected my ASUS router, the ASUS got the same IP we had at our previous address.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mjpartyboy wrote:
<snip>.  but once I put it into modem mode and connected my ASUS router, the ASUS got the same IP we had at our previous address.

Yes because the MAC address of the router was still registered in the VM DHCP pool.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks