cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 can’t connect via LAN

nubster
Tuning in

I have a wired Lan connection and it’s worked fine for weeks. The last week or so it won’t let me connect via this and says it cannot obtain an IP address. Error code CE-109502-7. I cannot get it to connect at all. I’m no good on router settings etc.

I can use the PS5 via wifi but it’s a bit hit and miss.

I have the Hub 3

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RedGooner
Super solver

Sounds like your SH is failing to give your PS5 an IP address, via DHCP.

How many devices are connected to your SH ??

I bet you need to increase, the IP Pool within the SH.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

RedGooner
Super solver

Sounds like your SH is failing to give your PS5 an IP address, via DHCP.

How many devices are connected to your SH ??

I bet you need to increase, the IP Pool within the SH.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Thanks for replying.

Connected directly to my SH I have a NAS, a Linksys Velop, a laptop and an Ethernet switch. The ps5 and the TV are connected to the Ethernet switch.

How do I check the IP pool?

I’m not the best on the hub settings

Hi all

Does anybody know if this is the sort of thing that Virgin Technical Helpdesk can help with or am I wasting my time ringing them ?

thanks

Irishdexy
On our wavelength

Technical Helpdesk won't be able to help with bespoke setups like that. They would support up to the SH usually.

Looking at the number of devices however I can't see you using too many IP Addresses, but the PS5 and TV Connect into the Switch so I would be tempted to try a different Port on it and others to see what happens? Usually, unless you specifically intend to the number of devices on the network should stay the same its a very niche setting that very few people to go into.

If you are able, try to get a different LAN cable and plug it into the PS5 (if the TV Connects use it's cable and put the TV on WiFi since it's not likely to need a wired connection all of the time) if it fails on a different cable that you know works, then check the Switch and reboot it. 

Failing that check the Router and give it a reboot - Best way to do this is to Reboot Router, then Switch and any other network device in order.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. I’ve tried changing the SH port that the ps5 connects to and that made no difference.

I’ve also tried to use the Ethernet cable that was connected to the TV, but the ps5 won’t connect still.

I have tried the same cable connected to my laptop and that works ok.

it is strange as the ps5 worked ok on Lan until my SH3 was changed as my broadband kept dropping out. Since I’ve had the new SH the ps5 won’t connect via Lan. Maybe that’s a coincidence and the ps5 just developed an Ethernet port fault at the same time. 

I thought this was unlikely as the ps5 tells me that there is a Lan cable connected, and when I unplug the cable the ps5 tells me that I have removed the Lan cable. So it can sense the cable.

Will have to get on to Sony to see if there is anything I can do with the console.

thanks

Irishdexy
On our wavelength

Good Luck - Could it be an Odd Setting in the PS5's Network Settings? Sony may just ask you to reset it as it is often the easiest way to fix things (for them anyways)