cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 Call of Duty Lag and Sticking

desjakey
Joining in

Hi, 

I am running the Hub4, 1GB package and I am having a nightmare playing Call of Duty Cold War.

I am on the PS5 but I had the same issue with the PS4.  

The best way to describe it is when moving on the map I stick for about a second, it's almost like a short freeze and it's making it unplayable.  I have tried resetting the router and PS5 and nothing makes it better. This happens repeatedly in a game on multi player. Nat is open, tried changing DNS, VPN, DMZ and nothing works.  I am hardwired also.

Any help here would be great 

32 REPLIES 32

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Desjakey,

Thanks for your reply, I have managed to locate your account and check your power levels and did some minor diagnostics and it all looks fine the only issue is your wireless devices are sharing the 5gz frequency, and it's at capacity.

Is your PS5 connected via ethernet?

Zoie

Hey Zoie, 

Thanks for reaching out.  I play wired to the PS5 and my PS5 and Hub4 are right next to each other. 

Hi desjakey

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Are you using any additional networking equipment i.e. Network Switches?

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable and port on the Hub?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hey John 

Thanks for reaching out.

I am not using any additional networking equipment.

I changed the ethernet cable a few times, I even got a high spec one 

Ta

Derek

The spiking visible on the BQM isn't down to your cables, switches of devices, that's occurring on the VM network, because the BQM is generated by the hub's built in router, but actually reflects the cable modem performance across VM's network to the test servers, and isn't affected by anything you connect to the hub.

I note you've got a 4.1 dBmV range across downstream power levels, and that's possibly not helping - normally values should be clustered more closely than that, added to which the profile doesn't look ideal particularly between D/S channels 21 and 34.  I can't say that is the root cause of the problem, but it's probably pushing the hub, which definitely struggles when the variation hits 4.5 dBmV. 

Hey Andrew, 

Thanks so much for spending some time looking at this and thanks for the feedback.  Is there anything I can do to address the issues you've mentioned?

Thanks, 

Derek 

Unfortunately there's not much you can do, other than complain through this forum, and keep persisting.  Getting VM to fix some intermittent or difficult to pin down faults is a thankless task.  See what the next staff response is, and if that doesn't involve a technician fixing the problem, consider raising a formal complaint asking the company to fix the issue, and threatening to escalate to the arbitration service CISAS if they don't.  Unfortunately that's slow, and ultimately VM may still insist there's no problem.  

When VM gets installed promptly and works then it's great.  Obvious noise or power faults are usually easily resolved, but anything more complex and it's a case of "abandon all hope ye who enter here". 

They didn't win three of Ofcom's "Most complained about" trophies by chance.

Good Morning @desjakey,

Can you tell me if you experience these lags on this one and only game, or does this happen with other games also? If there are other games, are these produced by the same manufacturer? 

Have you been able to report this lag to the manufacturer at all?

You also advise that this is wired to the hub, is this a Cat 6 cable? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hey David,

I get this lag with all games across different manufacturers.

I am using a cat7 cable

Thanks

Derek

Hi there @desjakey 

Thank you so much for updating us and I am so sorry to hear that this is still happening and across multiple games. 

I think it would be best to get an engineer out to take a look at this so we can try and get this resolved.

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye open for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you.