Menu
Highlighted
Tezuka213
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PS4 slow speed

My PS4 download speed and upload speed so far hasn’t even exceeded beyond 10mbps download speed and 10mbps upload ... I need help I’m try to play lag free yet I’m getting frustrated at the amount of lag I’m receiving .. I recently got the 200 pack too so why am I paying more for such a trash connection? 

0 Kudos
ShadowOfDeth69
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PS4 slow speed

1) Download/upload speeds have no bearing on how smooth or not online play is. You comfortably game on 1Mb/s down/up. 2)The PS4 uses different servers for speed testing and downloads and all are pretty much garbage. That's nothing to do with Virgin. It's all on Sony. 3) If you're suffering from lag and you have the Hub 3 that's your problem.
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you connecting via Wifi or Wired ???

SH3 in Router or Modem Mode ???

If you have a PS4 then you will be on the 2.4GHz range if on Wifi.

I myself have a PS4 Pro, this version connects on my 5GHz Wifi and downloads at 176Mbits 

Please see this Forum Post

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Tezuka213
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m on WiFi 

0 Kudos
Tezuka213
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there any possible way to improve my ps4 download and upload speed ? Without having to spend money...

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could use a Cat5 cable if you have a spare.

Or you will have to spend some money.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos